Author Topic: Perk the Temp more and fix yak eny  (Read 7704 times)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
Re: Perk the Temp more and fix yak eny
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2020, 12:57:09 AM »
  play smarter..  the temp has many faults.. and so does the yak 3.. learn them and use your planes advantages . or go back to a game.. like playstation puts out..  and..   oh here is a thought,get a wing man and use real tactics..   and get alt.. 15,000  only takes a few min and if  cruising if not in to frail and difficult to dive of kite gain another 500-1000 fpm while at speed..

What faults does the tempest have? Large target? Its average (roll rate, slow speed handling) to above average (fire power, speed, climb) in every category.

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2020, 12:18:46 PM »
  play smarter..  the temp has many faults.. and so does the yak 3.. learn them and use your planes advantages . or go back to a game.. like playstation puts out..  and..   oh here is a thought,get a wing man and use real tactics..   and get alt.. 15,000  only takes a few min and if  cruising if not in to frail and difficult to dive of kite gain another 500-1000 fpm while at speed..

And what are the faults of the Yak3? Limited ammo and high altitude performance. Acceleration/Climb rate, Roll rate, Instant turn rate are all insanely good. Low speed turning is average and Dive performance is above average. Also if a yak pilot makes a mistake and you get a shot lined up on him just know you will need 2-3 more passes to actually bring him out of the fight.

Name one other plane in aces high that isn't perked that is any where close to same league as the Yak3 in low altitude performance and it will have many more disadvantages.

I still say the Yak3 deserves at least a 1 perk cost and a 5 eny.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2020, 12:47:12 PM »
And what are the faults of the Yak3? Limited ammo and high altitude performance. Acceleration/Climb rate, Roll rate, Instant turn rate are all insanely good. Low speed turning is average and Dive performance is above average. Also if a yak pilot makes a mistake and you get a shot lined up on him just know you will need 2-3 more passes to actually bring him out of the fight.

Name one other plane in aces high that isn't perked that is any where close to same league as the Yak3 in low altitude performance and it will have many more disadvantages.

I hadn't really paid attention to the Yak3's ENY until the other day we had ENY and I happened to notice it lit up.  18 does seem a *teensy* bit high.  :O

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2020, 01:09:30 PM »
It is very much too high. The only drawback is ammo load but any good shot can easily get 5-6 kills per run.

I think it would be interesting to try the treatment that the M-18 or T-34-85 have...~1 perk base and a max of about 3. You think it is nothing, but I bet you'd see a noticeable decline in their usage. The same might go for the La-7 and Spit 16.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2020, 01:39:19 PM »
It is very much too high. The only drawback is ammo load but any good shot can easily get 5-6 kills per run.

I think it would be interesting to try the treatment that the M-18 or T-34-85 have...~1 perk base and a max of about 3. You think it is nothing, but I bet you'd see a noticeable decline in their usage. The same might go for the La-7 and Spit 16.

Speaking as a guy with mediocre at best gunnery, a short clip is a big limiter.  I'd say 5-10 for the planes you mentioned would not be out of line.  The downside is as soon as you put perks on something, a lot of people go further into fly to survive mode.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2020, 01:45:25 PM »
How about, just learn to fly them..

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2020, 06:43:30 PM »
The yaks guns tho are quite accurate as they are center mounted. Keep your shots to 300 yds and you can easily land multiple kills. And with its performance getting nice <300 yard shots isnt difficult

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2020, 09:10:37 AM »

+1
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2020, 07:50:41 PM »

Coogan

I would tend to agree, Once everyone is flying a Yak3, no one is flying a Yak3. But do we really want an arena full of Yak3s?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2020, 08:47:09 PM »

Coogan

They are fairly easy to fly and kill with, which is one of the reasons you see so many of them. Another reason is they seem to be very hard to kill, see Dolbys recent video of hitting one with a "potato" and it flies off with minimal damage. No there seems to be an issue with the Yak and this thread is about someone hopefully looking into it.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2020, 09:04:01 PM »
I would tend to agree, Once everyone is flying a Yak3, no one is flying a Yak3. But do we really want an arena full of Yak3s?

I dont like yak3, I refuse to fight them unless I have a sure kill, mostly aim for the pilot as the wings as just sponges.  other than that if you fly a yak3 dont expect me to fight you.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2020, 09:05:12 PM »
I'm seriously considering flying Yak3s.  :D

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2020, 11:04:19 PM »
I'm seriously considering flying Yak3s.  :D

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2020, 03:43:40 PM »
According to the French maual for the Yak3:

Overheat problems if you flew low with high power setting. In AH you can fly 4-ever at 100% throttle.

Locked up controls at 400mph. In AH 450 mph seems not to affect them at all.

Had almost no armor 7mm max.
In AH they are a Spongebob's galore and of of few planes that can soak up a 30mm or 20+ 20mm's.

Wood wings that cracked in high-G maneuvers at higher speed: Never seem any wings  come off ever at any speed.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2020, 03:54:40 PM »
According to the French maual for the Yak3:

Overheat problems if you flew low with high power setting. In AH you can fly 4-ever at 100% throttle.

Since engine over heat isn't modeled, that is a moot point.  You can fly every plane in this game at 100% throttle forever until the gas runs out.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song