Author Topic: Perk the Temp more and fix yak eny  (Read 7698 times)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Perk the Temp more and fix yak eny
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2020, 04:39:50 PM »
According to the French maual for the Yak3:

Overheat problems if you flew low with high power setting. In AH you can fly 4-ever at 100% throttle.

Locked up controls at 400mph. In AH 450 mph seems not to affect them at all.

Had almost no armor 7mm max.
In AH they are a Spongebob's galore and of of few planes that can soak up a 30mm or 20+ 20mm's.

Wood wings that cracked in high-G maneuvers at higher speed: Never seem any wings  come off ever at any speed.

Do you have a link to this source so we, and more importantly; HiTech, can evaluate it?

Also, I've killed a Yak 3 from dead-6 with a 1 second burst of 13mm MG's in a 190F-8. Seems like a pilot kill through 7mm of armor to me.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2020, 06:14:18 PM »
Do you have a link to this source so we, and more importantly; HiTech, can evaluate it?

Also, I've killed a Yak 3 from dead-6 with a 1 second burst of 13mm MG's in a 190F-8. Seems like a pilot kill through 7mm of armor to me.

I only have noticed this,  shoot at the front of the plane, forget the wings.  I have been surprised with a nice burst there will bring them down.  well easier said than done.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2020, 02:59:27 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Vio may be on to something...just watched a temp strafe pork a field...

piff any plane can pork a field
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2020, 03:12:53 PM »
i'll tell you all what-why don't HiTech just take out the 190D9-P51D-tempest-all the yaks-brewster-I16-La-7-and all the 5 to 10 eny planes, then you would not have anything to complain about. wait! yes you would, the lack of having those planes. quit you're whining. fight fire with fire yak-3 attacking take up a yak 3 to defend-nobody said you can't fly what enemy is flying.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2020, 08:22:23 PM »
i'll tell you all what-why don't HiTech just take out the 190D9-P51D-tempest-all the yaks-brewster-I16-La-7-and all the 5 to 10 eny planes, then you would not have anything to complain about. wait! yes you would, the lack of having those planes. quit you're whining. fight fire with fire yak-3 attacking take up a yak 3 to defend-nobody said you can't fly what enemy is flying.

Boredom.  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2020, 10:00:19 PM »

What little self.respect I have left prevents me from flying the yak3  :bolt:

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2020, 03:57:37 PM »
And what are the faults of the Yak3? Limited ammo and high altitude performance. Acceleration/Climb rate, Roll rate, Instant turn rate are all insanely good. Low speed turning is average and Dive performance is above average. Also if a yak pilot makes a mistake and you get a shot lined up on him just know you will need 2-3 more passes to actually bring him out of the fight.

Name one other plane in aces high that isn't perked that is any where close to same league as the Yak3 in low altitude performance and it will have many more disadvantages.

I still say the Yak3 deserves at least a 1 perk cost and a 5 eny.

Another way of reducing Yak-3's effectiveness  is to remove its T-34 armor. Its one of the main reasons  (together with real-time radar) I cancelled my account.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2020, 04:14:04 PM »

Hi,
I already have posted the French Yak-3 pilots manual in another thread, someone even took the time to translate the french in there.

In another game I think they got it right, maneuverable like in AH, but do not dive it too fast-  or you will compress it, also they overheat at 100% throttle over time.

Like you I have killed Yak-3's  with mg, but other times I have it lit up as a Russian Christmas tree for 1-2 seconds with 4*20mm, and it just flies on, its very inconsistent- if you do the same against any other plane (excluding the B-26) it will render a kill.

Like many here I flew in AH for 10 years almost daily, you  know something is right or not (with the damage model of the Yak-3)- against the Yak-9 as an example, you never expericence this problem.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2020, 06:06:35 AM »
+1
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2020, 08:50:24 AM »
Since engine over heat isn't modeled, that is a moot point.  You can fly every plane in this game at 100% throttle forever until the gas runs out.

If this was true, why do 109s have a WEP
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho