Author Topic: Squelch idea  (Read 2006 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Squelch idea
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2020, 02:20:43 PM »
I can see this:
Beavis: Hey Butthead, I got my squelch count up to 43 this afternoon. Beat that!!! :banana:
ButtHead: Hey Bevis, I'll be on tonight, I bet I have more than 50 by midnight!!   :neener:
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2020, 05:39:14 PM »
Permasquelch would be nice.

YES!! Shuffler's incessant talking on squad vox about prunes and Metamucil and "when I went to school it was 10 miles uphill BOTH WAYS and I shared 1 pair of shoes with my 8 brothers and sisters and I WAS THANKFUL!" is mind numbing.

:noid :rofl :old:

412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2020, 07:30:04 PM »
YES!! Shuffler's incessant talking on squad vox about prunes and Metamucil and "when I went to school it was 10 miles uphill BOTH WAYS and I shared 1 pair of shoes with my 8 brothers and sisters and I WAS THANKFUL!" is mind numbing.

:noid :rofl :old:

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :devil :neener:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2020, 09:44:30 AM »
I swear a lot. I berate myself a lot. I am the John McEnroe of Aces High. I really have no intention of doing it on range but it seems to be a Pavlovian defect that when I speak the range button is pushed.  I know it irritates some-to-many, and I occasionally get a speech from those who get irritated. So I think I'm qualified to say...
1) Save the speeches and just Squelch me.
2) I don't need to know about it.
3) If it shows up as a message in the HOST buffer, fine. It should only be seen by the person who was squelched and not be broadcast to the whole game. That will have a neg impact on 200 traffic. But no screen pop up-ups like the JOIN menu because then it becomes a weapon.
4) Tune to yourself to check your Vox.
Who is John Galt?