Author Topic: It looks like Virpil is off the table.  (Read 3976 times)

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Re: It looks like Virpil is off the table.
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2020, 10:34:55 PM »
Just a heads up I have like $1,235 USD of Virpil gear on pre-order with the new system.

I'm getting .....

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle
VPC WarBRD Base
VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip
VPC ACE-2 Rudder Pedals

I'm debating on at a later date getting a pair of VPC Constellation Alphas (Right and Left) and a VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base.

I'm keeping my CH Throttle Quadrant and Yoke but the rest of my CH gear is going to my youngest kid along with my PC.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 10:52:23 PM by Mayhem »
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2020, 07:25:16 AM »
I've got a left hand Alpha and another set of pedals Ace2 the waiting list/new payment system ordered too.  I've been using a right hand Alpha with one of my Deltas for my left for StarCitizen Hosas, but the Delta isn't all that comfortable a stick to use IMO. 

Are you planning on using desk mounts or flying that Warbrd off the desktop? The T50CM2 grip is a little tall, it's still manageable on a desktop, but might take you a bit of adjusting.  If its in a deskmount, disregard. 

The CM2 Throttle has been my favorite of the bunch, I have all three variants, but bought another CM2 throttle as it's a big hit at our place, to avoid squabbles over it.  The switches are just...better than the past 2 throttles, the best switches I've used on any sim product out there, be it VKB (have Gen1/2/3 Gunfighters and their pedals), TM, Saitek, CH, and Realsimulator, plus more.  I don't care about a few less rotating dials than Virpil's previous 2 throttles, they are generally finicky to set up anyhow IMO. 

Good luck with the order Mayhem.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 07:37:59 AM by Gman »

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2020, 05:37:17 PM »
Update on my Virpil order .......

I tried for three months to buy a Virpil VPC HOTAS Rig for a new SimPit that I'm building for myself only to get denied time and time again at the shopping cart at least until Virpil switched to the new ordering system on the 11th of June 2020.

On June 11th I managed to preordered the VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC WarBRD Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle, and the VPC ACE Collection (VPC WarBRD ACE-2) Rudder Pedals with expedited shipping. It cost me $1,237.94 USD and an additional $37.13 USD Foreign Transaction Fee for which I was charged for on the 15th of July 2020.

The items were shipped on the 16th of July 2020 and I received email and text alerts from FedEx that my Items would arrive on the 21st of July. The 21st came and went and at the end of the day when i checked Tracking I was greeted with a Delivery Failure due to signature service.  The weird thing is my Family and Myself were home all day. I checked the ring recording, and no one came up my walkway let alone to my door.

I had had previous problems with FedEx Recently ... I had ordered over $2000.00 USD worth of computer gear from NewEgg with Signature Service (Porch Pirates are a problem here). When FedEx Delivered the package, they dropped the it off on my front porch for the whole world to see and left ... the driver didn't even knock on the door or ring the doorbell. I called FedEx on this and was told due to the Covid-19 pandemic they are no longer preforming signature service but they have no problem selling it to you. They also lost a PC power supply from another order that I had to have reshipped. So not honoring signature service and losing a package kind of sent up some red flags. Thinking about it I realized that nearly all the shipping problems I have had over the last few decades has been with FedEx.

So, I called FedEx on my Virpil order/shipment to rescheduled a redelivery for the same or next day. 2 days go buy and no package So I called FedEx again only to get jerked around until several calls and a few days later a manager told me it was a customs issue the packages had to go back to Memphis Tn.

On Friday August 7th I received one box from FedEx that contained my VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip and VPC WarBRD Base. I was Happy but this still left the throttle and pedals yet to be delivered.

On Monday August 10th I received a phone call from FedEx asking for Virpil VPCs Address. I gave them Virpil's website and phone number as I did not have the street address of Virpil on hand at the time. I also took the opportunity to inform FedEx how disappointed they have made me as of late. FedEx Informed me that they are trying to get my remaining Items (Throttle and Pedals as I have already received the Stick and Grip) to me by Friday August 14th, 2020.

A few hours later my Dog went nuts at the front door. My son answered the door to find a FedEx employee running away from my house and a Virpil box on my porch.

I received the VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle I ordered back on June 11th. This leaves only the VPC ACE Collection (VPC WarBRD ACE-2) Rudder Pedals left to be delivered.

On Aug 18th, 2020 I received FIVE Text notification from FedEx that I was to receive a package or packages from VIRPIL VPC the next day on the 19th. Well 19th came and went and no Package no Rudder Pedals. I called FedEx at 7:30 PM PDT to find out what was going on my Pedals were still on a truck out for delivery. I got put on hold for over 2 hours at around 10 pm the FedEx Automated phone support system hung up on me, I called back and they had closed. I checked the Tracking and saw that the item was returned to the local facility at 10:09 PM PDT.

I called them on the 20th only to get told that there was an issue with customs.

VIRPIL VPC claims it is a customs issue, Customs blames FedEx, and FedEx Blames VIRPIL VPC. Obviously they can all agree it's not my fault and I'm the victim of this horrible SNAFU of a FedEx shipping nightmare.

I am done. I want this resolved and I keep getting jerked around. I'm Asking VIRPIL to Please recall their package and issue me a full refund on the VPC ACE Collection (VPC WarBRD ACE-2) Pedals and the Expedited shipping so that I do not have to file a claim with my credit card company.

If I want to get teased like this I'll goto a Nudie Bar!

Maybe I will reorder them when VIRPIL or FedEX get their shipping issues squared away. I had planned to order some other items for another SimPit but honestly there is no way I can guarantee or even guesstimate a delivery date. As long as they use FedEx I don't think I can do business with them. I wish they would please consider another shipping company for packages going to the U.S.A.. I really do like theor products, but the Ordering and Shipping nightmares are so bad it just isn't worth it.

Below is the travel history of the last package which contains the VPC ACE Collection (VPC WarBRD ACE-2) Pedals. Hopefully it shows how frustrating this is ... each time the package was in Modesto Ca. I got an alert that it was to be delivered that or the next day, only to find out the later it had to be sent back to Memphis Tn. wasting my time yet again.

In short VIRPIL sent my items in 3 boxes taped together with a shipping invoice/manifest "ON" each box and "IN" the main Box containing the throttle. Each Box had a Tracking number with a separate master tracking number for the entire "Taped Together" package.

Fed Ex Separated the packages and tried to deliver them one at a time "BEFORE" they cleared customs causing the packages to be recalled bakc to customs several times. 

Wednesday , 8/19/2020

10:09 pm

MODESTO, CA

At local FedEx facility

9:06 am

MODESTO, CA

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

9:02 am

MODESTO, CA

At local FedEx facility

5:23 am

OAKLAND, CA

Departed FedEx location

4:05 am

OAKLAND, CA

Arrived at FedEx location

2:20 am

MEMPHIS, TN

Departed FedEx location

Friday , 8/07/2020

1:14 pm

MODESTO, CA

Returning package to shipper

Return tracking number 771209011263

7:08 am

MODESTO, CA

At local FedEx facility

Thursday , 8/06/2020

7:56 pm

MODESTO, CA

Clearance in progress

8:24 am

MODESTO, CA

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

8:18 am

MODESTO, CA

At local FedEx facility

5:30 am

OAKLAND, CA

Departed FedEx location

5:03 am

OAKLAND, CA

3:18 am

MEMPHIS, TN

Departed FedEx location

Wednesday , 8/05/2020

5:26 am

MEMPHIS, TN

Clearance in progress

Thursday , 7/30/2020

6:19 pm

MEMPHIS, TN

Clearance delay - Import

In clearance process.

Saturday , 7/25/2020

4:02 am

MEMPHIS, TN

Clearance in progress

Tuesday , 7/21/2020

2:44 pm

MODESTO, CA

Clearance delay - Import

1:07 am

MEMPHIS, TN

Clearance in progress

12:56 am

MEMPHIS, TN

In transit

Package available for clearance

Sunday , 7/19/2020

2:53 am

MEMPHIS, TN

12:40 am

KOELN DE

In transit

12:28 am

KOELN DE

Departed FedEx location

Friday , 7/17/2020

11:50 pm

KOELN DE

In transit

5:25 pm

KOELN DE

Thursday , 7/16/2020

11:54 pm

RASZYN, JANKI PL

In transit

8:42 pm

KARMELAVA LT

In transit

6:48 pm

KARMELAVA LT

In transit

3:17 pm

VILNIUS LT

Picked up

6:30 am

Shipment information sent to FedEx
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 05:42:22 PM by Mayhem »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2020, 05:39:26 PM »
Yeah I avoid FedEx at all costs.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2020, 06:47:27 PM »
FedEx is the worst
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2020, 07:29:58 PM »
Hehe that sucks Mayhem! FWIW when I've ordered stuff from VKB once it ships its usually at my house in about 5 days from the other side of the world. Usually 2 of those days are in customs. My MFG pedals were same thing from the other direction. Both times were USPS fur final delivery.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2020, 07:36:45 PM »
Ive had things shipped via DHL from Germany get here faster then what it takes fedex to move stuff across the country
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2020, 07:42:05 PM »
Yeah I believe the pedals came across the pond via DHL and got handed off to the USPS after clearing customs in NYC.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2020, 08:01:53 PM »
My Monstertech desk Mount took less than 3 weeks from the time I placed my order for the items to reach me from Germany using DHL with no problems what so ever.

FedEx is a Flippin nightmare.

If VIRPIL can't get me my Rudder pedals they will eventually have to give me a refund. I have 3 other rudder pedal set ups I'm looking at RX Viper V2 Rudder Pedals (Dark Metallic), the MFG Crosswind V2 - graphite, or the Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder Pedals.

The biggest reason I went with VIRPIL in my rudder pedals was to keep as much of my HOTAS in the same manufactures ecosystem. If Virpil ever gets around to fixing their shipping issues to the U.S. I may consider purchasing the VPC ACE Interceptor Pedals which are like the VPC ACE Collection (VPC WarBRD ACE-2) Rudder Pedal except they are $55 cheaper and lack the heal stop and use the combat style heal instead while retaining toe breaks.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 08:12:36 PM by Mayhem »

Offline WpnX

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2020, 10:47:16 PM »
Damn Mayhem, can you shorten that post to less than a novel, maybe a little shorter than War and Peace?
Elvis
The Flying Circus

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2020, 03:05:49 PM »
Had my VKB GF3 and strong hold sit in customs and then show up days apart with DHL. Customs is just part of shipping international, but at least it was only a week and a half wait.

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2020, 08:52:48 PM »
UPDATE:

Since Tracking showed that my rudder pedals where still in the local Modesto California USA FedEx facility I had decided to just head down there with all my paper work such as the Tracking Info, Receipt Email, as well as the shipping invoice and customs declarations off of the other packages I had already received.

Not only did my local FedEx facility still have my pedals but they had no problem surrendering it to me, all I had to do was show my I.D.

I would Like to point out that the Customs Declarations was not on the outside of the box and had appeared to have been removed with some tape.

If others have a similar problem with FedEx I would recommend just going to local Official Corporate FedEx Facility. Their support as I mentioned previously is made up by contracted call centers in 3rd world countries probably manned by political prisoners.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 08:58:29 PM by Mayhem »

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2020, 12:08:04 AM »
Glad you finally got your stuff. Let us know how you like it.

Dealing with international shipping can be a pita. I am surprised that it made it to your local fedex facility and was hung up there.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2020, 03:28:31 AM »
I am surprised fedex tracking showed anything. They do a poor job. If I have a package coming, it usually shows no movement all the way till after I receive it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2020, 09:43:13 PM »
FEDEX always reports they have delivered the item before it gets here, and then they leave it at the front door. Anyone living in the South knows that no one uses the front door.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.