Author Topic: Invisible GVs  (Read 1477 times)

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
Re: Invisible GVs
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2020, 01:02:24 PM »
They can hide from planes, but they cannot hide from the M-8. I find them almost ever single time. No need to look at the recording, just drive out and look for shadows
among the trees and bushes. You can traverse the upper portion of the gv dar, then go back the other way in the southern portion.   M-3's and Jeeps are the hardest to find because they are small and green. Wirbs and Osties are the easiest because they appear Golden color in the trees
and bushes  :D  The only gv I hate to find is the T-34/85 because if I don't pop the turret right away I am dead with one shot. I got my buddy hurless one night, but that was because he
was afk for awhile.

:salute
I tried this. Initially taking out a M8 and cruising through the GV sector dar you can pretty much narrow down where they are. In reviewing film, I do not know if its a graphics issue on my end, but I have literally stepped on them and not known it.
Im guessing the tactic is just to keep the enemy busy at their base being that they do this with no intent of shooting back or even wanting a fight. if they did, I wouldn't get that close.
It's a lame feature in the game and personally I have not used it to my advantage.
In the very least, the Storches should have all hands access to GV icons. At least from 2.5k.

My other question here is, do proxy kills better your score or stats? I have seen these guys get 5-6 kills as proxies from players just bailing after not finding them.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2020, 02:06:10 PM »
I suggest getting a hold of Easycor. he does tank training and is quite good. also, stop in to AvA on Thursday nights . the more you are in a gv, the better you get !!
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2020, 02:54:41 PM »
  The only gv I hate to find is the T-34/85 because if I don't pop the turret right away I am dead with one shot. I got my buddy hurless one night, but that was because he
was afk for awhile.

where do you hit the turret? Anywhere or where it sits on chassis?

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2020, 03:36:12 PM »
  The only gv I hate to find is the T-34/85 because if I don't pop the turret right away I am dead with one shot. I got my buddy hurless one night, but that was because he
was afk for awhile.

On the top with a Stuka-g

Chuikov

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2020, 03:49:23 PM »
was afk for awhile.

The M-8 gun only has a 37mm AP round so you have to hit square in the middle from behind. If you are really close it will pop with one shot, but from further away it takes two
shots.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2020, 01:00:59 PM »
GV game is dead.  Used to roll all the time.  No more.  I have other games I will play instead of hunting a bushman for 30-45 minutes that is great at hiding.

GV game is not dead, if you know how to play it. Ask 1BDSPADE, he's one of the good gv-ers in your squad.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76