Author Topic: Unforgiven taken off squad in FSO  (Read 1229 times)

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: Unforgiven taken off squad in FSO
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2020, 08:20:44 PM »
Doc, I'm very sorry that this whole thing happened the way it did.  From my perspective that night as Host CM/Bouncer, I took the reins that night to cover for another CM that couldn't make it.  I also wasn't present for Frame 1.  There was so many 202 texts, country texts, PM texts, and squad texts plus local vox, squad vox and teamspeak.  not using them as an excuse.  I was trying to get the whole story about what happened through information presented.

Normally, I can handle all that while executing the CM duties that night and participate in flight.  This was one from left field.  I had to turn my fighter away from my squad and fly back to friendly airspace to allow for better focus on this issue.  I did request for you to accept JG54 colors for the night.  We were texting that next week things can be fixed.  We would sort this out in the forums next day to move forward.

Like in real life, I had to go with what information I had not being very complete and precise.  I followed the FSO rule stating all pilots must be in uniform or risk being grounded.  After a lengthy time due to your long history with FSO and Unforgiven, I was not getting the impression of you accepting JG54 colors for the night.  I made the decision to ground you.  It's not an easy decision to make.  In fact, you're the first player I had to do that.

I was handed a big mess with no knowledge of previous week and the quick decisions of your squad mates and Axis squad COs.  It was my call.  It's unfortunate that this happened.  We can move forward from this as a bitter learning example.

Be angry with me if that helps.  I won't be hurt.  I'm here to help anyway I can.  Let us know what we can do to help.  Tune vox 202 if you need to talk to us for any reason, concern or just to say hi.  That goes to all other squad COs as well.  If we don't know about an issue, then we can't work together to resolve that issue.

:salute
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Doc4

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2020, 08:39:10 PM »
 :salute Kuya,

I hold no ill feelings, thank you for doing a tough job.  This event will be an excellent training platform for any weird events in the future.  Spikes comment however is the only thing I am truly angry about, it is and will never be excusable for a CM to make a snide comment to a player, especially that of a long term squad CO.  You may have made a poor decision, but you did what you thought was right and with professionalism.

The squad is reformed and we will be back next week.
Doc4
~~~The Unforgiven~~~

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2020, 06:42:07 AM »
Outstanding  :salute
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2020, 10:31:00 AM »
I do apologize for what I said, I was out of touch. I hope you can do the same for berating the CM Team for doing what they are supposed to do.

i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com