Author Topic: another subscribing player lost  (Read 4394 times)

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
Re: another subscribing player lost
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2020, 04:20:18 PM »
this dude was a crybaby anyway
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2020, 03:56:29 PM »
It is rather silly to wipe someone's account if they didnt pay for a month.  A couple hundred kilobytes is nothing with our player base, but it can discourage people to come back if they cant have their name or perks back.  I've lost count of how all my handles because I take mini breaks over the past 24 years.  It would be nice to be known by one name though.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2020, 04:03:43 PM »
Players can have their name back (though I am fine with the slight changes I've made). I could have called Dale and I'd be flying as 'Arlo' now. Perks gotta be maintained in an active account or they expire. Most players know that (and all should). It really is incentive to keep your account active. A player stomping feet or having a public pity party because they let their own perks expire (purposefully or not) is rather distasteful to watch.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2020, 04:04:38 PM »
Players can have their name back (though I am fine with the slight changes I've made). I could have called Dale and I'd be flying as 'Arlo' now. Perks gotta be maintained in an active account or they expire. Most players know that (and all should). It really is incentive to keep your account active. A player stomping feet or having a public pity party because they let their own perks expire (purposefully or not) is rather distasteful to watch.

agreed  :aok
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2020, 04:09:50 PM »
I cancelled my account two months ago, but unfortunately I didn't catch that it was still being billed until the 2nd charge.  Put in a refund request on the day it was charged but that went ignored.  After going through records and seeing the thousand dollars spent on the game I think I need to find me a one time purchase game to hold me over.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2020, 04:13:31 PM »
I cancelled my account two months ago, but unfortunately I didn't catch that it was still being billed until the 2nd charge.  Put in a refund request on the day it was charged but that went ignored.  After going through records and seeing the thousand dollars spent on the game I think I need to find me a one time purchase game to hold me over.

Then do so. Are you posting here for advice or to stir?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2020, 04:13:49 PM »

Hate to see you go Haggerty, you have always been a fun fight. Wishing you the best.

Uhh just out of curiosity, how many thousand???
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2020, 04:21:13 PM »
Hate to see you go Haggerty, you have always been a fun fight. Wishing you the best.

Uhh just out of curiosity, how many thousand???

I occasionally compare the monthly AH club dues as well as the hardware we buy to something like golf, for instance, and smile at the bargain.  :cool:

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2020, 04:23:34 PM »
Then do so. Are you posting here for advice or to stir?

Advice on a game if you know of any.  I've looked into IL-2 but there are so many versions I dont know which one is the one to get. 
I dont mind stirring as well though, it would be nice if AH changed with the times and went away from the $15/month, it can't cost that much to maintain the 286 cpu running the game.  I've tried to bring so many people to this game, who ultimately enjoy it, but are extremely put off by monthly fees.  The same people spend more money playing free games like War Thunder and World of Tanks/Warhips, etc.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2020, 04:32:53 PM »

Not much you can do for as little as AH cost. Of course some folks just sit at home... those will definitely think it is a huge amount. You can bet though... if they do anything at all... they want to be paid for it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2020, 04:34:06 PM »
Advice on a game if you know of any.  I've looked into IL-2 but there are so many versions I dont know which one is the one to get. 
I dont mind stirring as well though, it would be nice if AH changed with the times and went away from the $15/month, it can't cost that much to maintain the 286 cpu running the game.  I've tried to bring so many people to this game, who ultimately enjoy it, but are extremely put off by monthly fees.  The same people spend more money playing free games like War Thunder and World of Tanks/Warhips, etc.

I don't know of any game of this genre that plays as well as AH. You, yourself, say its cheaper than FTP for most players that devote their time and expense there. Seems a shame you think losing perks due to non-maintenance of your account warrants coming here to ask for alternative games from members of this long-time community.

Good luck. Here's to your journey leading back here with some valuable new insight.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2020, 04:37:25 PM »
 "Changing with the times" means finding folks who think something is free because you put free in the name or description... regardless of how much they have to pay for every little thing they want to use in the game.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2020, 04:48:15 PM »
A mere three months (or is it four?) of Aces High sub payments can get you this beauty in WT:

(And its flight characteristics are .... ahem .... 'flawless.')

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2020, 04:51:37 PM »
A mere three months (or is it four?) of Aces High sub payments can get you this beauty in WT:

(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

:neener:

:aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2020, 06:14:17 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

They'd have to pay me $45 just to fly that ugly thing. Plus another $45 or so to actually play their dumb game.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com