Author Topic: another subscribing player lost  (Read 4408 times)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Re: another subscribing player lost
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2020, 07:25:42 PM »
I occasionally compare the monthly AH club dues as well as the hardware we buy to something like golf, for instance, and smile at the bargain.  :cool:

I compared it to bar tabs, I could spend $15 in 20 minutes. I could pay for a year of AH with a weekends bar tabs.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2020, 07:32:39 PM »
Advice on a game if you know of any. 

Not in this genre...but I got into Lord of the Rings online for quite some time, it lost it’s appeal after tons of developing my characters there. I’ve also spent some time in Life is Feudal, but your toon quickly starts to starve there and it’s really hard to find any help. YMMV

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2020, 10:48:06 PM »
I'll settle for an autographed picture of shuffler!

Oh No! Shuffler gave all the 80th members that...I keep it outside. Keeps the rats and homeless away.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2020, 10:58:43 PM »
Oh No! Shuffler gave all the 80th members that...I keep it outside. Keeps the rats and homeless away.

:rofl

Well at least I am still of some use.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2020, 08:24:58 AM »
Moot. Drama. 'Good' is subjective.
Thanks for pointing that out. Sounds like your schooling is coming along very well. When do you get your sheepskin?

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2020, 11:47:58 AM »
Advice on a game if you know of any.  I've looked into IL-2 but there are so many versions I dont know which one is the one to get. 
I dont mind stirring as well though, it would be nice if AH changed with the times and went away from the $15/month, it can't cost that much to maintain the 286 cpu running the game.  I've tried to bring so many people to this game, who ultimately enjoy it, but are extremely put off by monthly fees.  The same people spend more money playing free games like War Thunder and World of Tanks/Warhips, etc.

The server & bandwidth cost is only a fraction of the cost of doing business.

HiTech

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2020, 11:50:43 AM »
Thanks for pointing that out. Sounds like your schooling is coming along very well. When do you get your sheepskin?

Two weeks. Erm ... two years?

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2020, 05:56:43 PM »
Since you expect to feel heat over airing your dirty laundry in public then you must know that deep down this thread was uncalled for. That's OK, though. I suspect it has really short legs. See you when you eventually return.

Wait, I remember a player Arlo a few years back.  But, he died of cancer.  You can't be him obviously.  But, wow interesting to find someone in the forum with the name.
Uncle Fred

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2020, 04:41:02 AM »

I sorta hope he doesn't come back now.

HiTech

Aye. I was upset no doubt when I posted that. I'm sure that you have never been upset about something that you couldn't figure out a way to fix yourself.

It's all good. It's obvious you don't want my money so I did end up subscribing to WWII online. It's not perfect but they do seem to appreciate people who subscribe even if they have problems with the "management"

Last time I left many years ago you could "resub" within 30 days, I think it was, and keep your account active. You added all this stuff such as achievements to keep people from canceling their accounts. Fair enough. I was not aware of the extent that you had gone to to punish people for canceling their subscriptions.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that this has ever happened too. I'd guess most kept it to themselves and just went away.

P.S. To all of you guys who are hostile to me:

For the most part it seems that you are the same people who are hostile to new players in the game and and are helping to drive them away.
If you keep it  up, you will end up playing with yourselves...

I'm sure I will get attacked for my comments because that's what this game has turned into today and the forums as well.

Wish you all the best <S>

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2020, 06:35:01 AM »
Just go no need for all the drama

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2020, 07:20:43 AM »
Aye. I was upset no doubt when I posted that. I'm sure that you have never been upset about something that you couldn't figure out a way to fix yourself.

It's all good. It's obvious you don't want my money so I did end up subscribing to WWII online. It's not perfect but they do seem to appreciate people who subscribe even if they have problems with the "management"

Last time I left many years ago you could "resub" within 30 days, I think it was, and keep your account active. You added all this stuff such as achievements to keep people from canceling their accounts. Fair enough. I was not aware of the extent that you had gone to to punish people for canceling their subscriptions.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that this has ever happened too. I'd guess most kept it to themselves and just went away.

P.S. To all of you guys who are hostile to me:

For the most part it seems that you are the same people who are hostile to new players in the game and and are helping to drive them away.
If you keep it  up, you will end up playing with yourselves...

I'm sure I will get attacked for my comments because that's what this game has turned into today and the forums as well.

Wish you all the best <S>

You are the one hostile and immature. Just read your posts.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 07:23:14 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2020, 10:57:43 AM »
i quit for a couple of months back in february. when you delete your account it tells you exactly when is the last day you can resub without losing perks and achievements.

if i remember correctly before you would get a warning that if you went ahead, your subscription would be deleted that same day.

I'm back now and have to earn perks and achievements. then again i really didn't care about them before. as that's not really why i play the game.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2020, 11:55:06 AM »

Not much you can do for as little as AH cost.

A very true statement here....  my other bad habit is iRacing, a few weeks ago they came out with the NASCAR F150 and two 1987 stock cars and a legacy race track.

In a few seconds I had spent three months of Aces High subscriptions...  :huh

CAV

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2020, 12:13:11 PM »
I haven't had the time to read through all the posts as I have a lot on my plate at the moment and have been busy.

I'd like to apologize to HighTech and anyone else who got drug into this.

I handled this poorly. and I should have just taken a break and exited gracefully.

Wish all of you the best and thanks for many years of fun going all the back to AW dos days.

Salute!

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2020, 12:33:30 PM »
I haven't had the time to read through all the posts as I have a lot on my plate at the moment and have been busy.

I'd like to apologize to HighTech and anyone else who got drug into this.

I handled this poorly. and I should have just taken a break and exited gracefully.

Wish all of you the best and thanks for many years of fun going all the back to AW dos days.

Salute!

Apology accepted.

Thanks.
Dale