Author Topic: Star wars: squadrons  (Read 1297 times)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
Star wars: squadrons
« on: June 19, 2020, 01:33:48 AM »
Saw a trailer for a new Star Wars space combat sim. I remember playing x wing and tie fighter as a kid. Wonder if it will be any good. They claim to support vr too

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Star wars: squadrons
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 09:56:22 AM »
Yeah, I remember enjoying X-Wing. 

Not sure if I could handle this one in VR without getting motion sickness.  lol.

Hopefully there will be a demo to give it a test run.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 10:02:55 AM »
F I N A L L Y!!!!

Now someone just needs to get on a co-op FPS set in the Terminator universe and my other gaming wish will be granted.

Not entirely sure how excited I am for their multiplayer, my main concern is how good the single player is.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 02:59:43 PM »
looks like battlefront
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 04:00:05 PM »
looks like battlefront
Don't get me started on Fruggin Battlefront fiasco. BF-V was suppose to be this awesome, historically accurate WWII FPS. Feels more like Team Fortress 2, but worse.

I'm hoping, especially with VR, it feels more like the Star Wars flying games I had on PC.  :pray
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2020, 05:36:20 PM »
Don't get me started on Fruggin Battlefront fiasco. BF-V was suppose to be this awesome, historically accurate WWII FPS. Feels more like Team Fortress 2, but worse.

I'm hoping, especially with VR, it feels more like the Star Wars flying games I had on PC.  :pray

one can hope
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2020, 08:28:10 PM »
Who made the AH comment  :azn:
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 02:18:12 PM »
The problem is its made by EA.  I won't touch the game until its confirmed their business model for it isn't remotely toxic.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2020, 06:19:55 PM »
F I N A L L Y!!!!

Now someone just needs to get on a co-op FPS set in the Terminator universe and my other gaming wish will be granted.

Not entirely sure how excited I am for their multiplayer, my main concern is how good the single player is.

Wiley.

There was a Terminator Skynet game in the mid-90s. Set in the period of the war, it supported VR, driving vehicles and flying those odd drones.

I used to love it as there was a jeep with a 50 cal mounted on the back, and the 50 cal tracked to where ever you were looking (VR tracking). It was huge fun driving around smashing terminators with the 50.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 06:46:35 AM »
The video and website states the only internet gaming will be limited to 5 vs 5.  If they don't find a way to open that for hundreds of players in the same server, then fail this game will.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2020, 07:11:59 AM »
I have a HUGE dislike towards EA. I boycott them and so do my friends. We have been disappointed over and over. I don't think it will be different this time.

The game has potential I suppose but as far as I have seen it looks like a cash grab. 5v5 only I heard somewhere?? Why not a full MMO like AH with starships and planets as bases? Could be very epic. :old:
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2020, 07:43:48 AM »
The video and website states the only internet gaming will be limited to 5 vs 5.  If they don't find a way to open that for hundreds of players in the same server, then fail this game will.

LOL X-Wing vs Tie Fighter was 4v4.  That was in 1996 on dialup.  5 v 5 is a joke.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2020, 11:56:08 AM »
Well, I don't think this one will take hold, despite it looking fairly nice.  But all those "parts"....  "I'm going to make my A6M2 faster, more maneuverable, but also sport a couple of 30mm guns that are very accurate and have solid amount of ammo, just a slow RoF."

Pass.

FreeSpace 2 is still better. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2020, 06:40:34 PM »
I'll probably try it if it isn't hot garbage, which it is, if it is a 5v5 mode only.

32 vs 32 would be pretty fun, but probably way to chaotic for the map size I bet (if this was ever going to be done)
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2020, 08:28:27 PM »
EA will make sure it will just be "barely" playable unless you spend cash on upgrades, shields, weapons, etc. If you dont want to get killed by the whale spenders within 20 seconds of the round starting, you must spend cash on upgrades.

Now if Capital Games (see star wars galaxy of heroes) get a hand in it, you can guarantee it will be pay to win and be full of bugs (not the geonosians)

I do play SWGOH, and its a hot broken mess right now
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women