Author Topic: Star wars: squadrons  (Read 1298 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Star wars: squadrons
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2020, 08:39:30 PM »
EA will make sure it will just be "barely" playable unless you spend cash on upgrades, shields, weapons, etc. If you dont want to get killed by the whale spenders within 20 seconds of the round starting, you must spend cash on upgrades.

The video I linked stated that no upgrades will be purchasable with cash, only in game achievement.

5v5 is a little disappointing.  Vast fleet battles with capital ships and fighter squadrons would be cool.  But really, I'm only hoping it has a good offline campaign. 
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2020, 09:53:03 AM »
The video I linked stated that no upgrades will be purchasable with cash, only in game achievement.

Some ppl at a dutch tech site I follow discussed this aswell. An important thing in the trailer they fell over where the words "at launch". A week after all odds are off.

U know things are bad when this becomes a selling point.
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2020, 10:56:55 AM »

5v5 is a little disappointing.  Vast fleet battles with capital ships and fighter squadrons would be cool.  But really, I'm only hoping it has a good offline campaign.

Ditto.  5v5 is just not worth it.  I'm there purely for the single player campaign.  Co-op similar to something like Borderlands might be a good thing, but I just want an updated Tie Fighter.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2020, 02:21:36 PM »
Ditto.  5v5 is just not worth it.  I'm there purely for the single player campaign.  Co-op similar to something like Borderlands might be a good thing, but I just want an updated Tie Fighter.

Wiley.

I dont ever remember playing the original x-wing multiplayer.

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2020, 03:17:16 PM »
I dont ever remember playing the original x-wing multiplayer.

It was X-Wing vs Tie Fighter that had multiplayer. Really ahead of its time too, not all the technology was ready.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2020, 05:54:03 PM »
I loved both X-wing and Tie Fighter. Both were pretty solid games for the time.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2020, 08:12:57 PM »
The space combat in the original Star Wars Battlefront 2 game was pretty good. Large online battles with fighters by the 100 on each side fighting to destroy capital ships. For those that preferred first person shooter roles, you could land a shuttle in an enemy ship's bay, creating a spawn point for doing all kinds of bad stuff from within the enemy's ship.

You could map all the controls to HOTAS controllers using the in-game interface, unlike the newer Battlefront and Battlefront 2 that were set up for game controllers and didn't permit any configuration/assignment within the game. Battlefront 2 didn't have cockpits, but you could use a first person forward view instead of the third person from the rear view. Give me that game with the graphics in the recent Battlefronts and this upcoming Squadrons game, and I would be very happy.

If hear good things about this or if my son wants it, I will end up getting it. But the last Battlefront and Battlefront 2 games with cinematic graphics were much inferior to the original games. I couldn't stand playing them no matter how good the graphics look. Whereas, I still play the original Battlefront 2 from time to time.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!