Author Topic: Hello Again!  (Read 845 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Hello Again!
« on: June 16, 2020, 10:24:50 AM »
Hey all, hope you’ve been well! Checking in on the game and old buds...life takes new turns and odd roads.

FSO still around?

After years away how many times will I die before getting a kill  :x

:salute
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Hello Again!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 12:17:14 PM »
Hey all, hope you’ve been well! Checking in on the game and old buds...life takes new turns and odd roads.

FSO still around?

After years away how many times will I die before getting a kill  :x

FSO is humming along. Many of us old folks are still here and many others are returning.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 06:12:32 AM »
FSO is humming along. Many of us old folks are still here and many others are returning.

Happy to hear that. I looked forward to FSO with JG54, nursing school took over my life and then the job did...

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 07:27:31 AM »
Happy to hear that. I looked forward to FSO with JG54, nursing school took over my life and then the job did...

Grats on real life. It is always most important. When you find the time, your cartoon pilot life can always ramp back up.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 02:46:20 PM »
Grats on real life. It is always most important. When you find the time, your cartoon pilot life can always ramp back up.

Thank you. I just logged in and created a new account for the moment to try and remember if I could manage anything. Wow I forgot the steep learning curve and I was just in a GV fooling around...a couple things came back to me quick, most though not so much.

I need to figure out if I can import all my old key mapping, I put dozens of hours into that and would prefer to avoid it again...easier to relearn my old ways.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 03:14:21 PM »
Great to see you back!

FSO still going, as well as a special event in July on Saturday Nights! <S>

July 11th, 18th, and 25th at 10PM EST/7PM PST/0200 UTC in SEA2

https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/current-or-next-scenario
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 05:49:13 AM »
Thank you. I just logged in and created a new account for the moment to try and remember if I could manage anything. Wow I forgot the steep learning curve and I was just in a GV fooling around...a couple things came back to me quick, most though not so much.

I need to figure out if I can import all my old key mapping, I put dozens of hours into that and would prefer to avoid it again...easier to relearn my old ways.

Should be as easy as copying you jsm files into the new install.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 09:28:17 AM »
jsm for your controlers
kmp for your keyboard
login.cfg

All in your settings folder.

Depending on how long ago, your headpositions may or may not work. Those are in the setings/planes folder. Heck, backup your current AH3 settings folder and start transferring stuff to see what works.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2020, 08:37:49 AM »
Thank you very much for the help and I’ll try these and see. 

I figured out in Global mapping the GUI allowed my cursor to work on the map when in a GV. It worked in the tower but not once I spawned.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2020, 02:43:46 PM »
It’s proving to be a bit difficult figuring out a few things.

I moved the plane settings folder over from the last login I could tell where I was actively playing and changes were kept.

I couldn’t get the external views to work even though they are mapped in Global. External and chase are mapped to F3 & F4, but still don’t work even after clearing and re-mapping.

I should probably start a new thread in Help?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 02:46:02 PM by RotBaron »

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2020, 04:47:02 PM »
Seems I forgot, no external views in the MA.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2020, 04:47:59 PM »
You will not have external views in a fighter anymore. They have been gone for quite a few years now.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2020, 07:07:57 PM »
You will not have external views in a fighter anymore. They have been gone for quite a few years now.

Thank you, I flew bombers quite a bit at times and it would appear being gone this long some things come right back to me, others not so much lol. I’m 45 tomorrow...sometimes/some days feel older or younger!  :furious

I recognize some players voices as if it was just yesterday I was chatting check 6’n...seems call signs have changed on a couple players.

It feels weird to remember that I was once decent at a few things in game and the amount of multitasking between stick, mouse and keyboard is tremendous. At one point though I could in mid flight check down times on ack/town/strats etc.  Now it’s back to basic ACM. I did get a few hits on someone who showed me their 6, but ack ended that quickly lol - that’s and old yet familiar feeling.

I do realize the challenging part and complexities of the game are aspects that keeps players coming back and makes it fun! That and good people here   :salute
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 07:26:24 PM by RotBaron »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2020, 08:02:59 PM »
When I am flying these days.... you can find me by following the trail of P-38J parts and broken margarita glasses. My DTs are for my margaritas.... one has Cuervo and the other Leroux Triple-sec.
80th FS "Headhunters"