Author Topic: CH Assembled in Mexico.  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: CH Assembled in Mexico.
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2020, 02:29:40 PM »

As I was reading this I was checking my hat switches to see if any were loose, I made a discovery, apparently any SA on the issue has eluded me for years but if you push the tiny throttle joystick in  -- >  the led lights change from red to amber to green. I have no Idea what this accomplishes, I guess I have never really stared at the throttle while flying.
That center press button on the mini stick changes the mode of your CH stuff. If you're using CH control manager you can map three different modes to each button and hat. I only have the throttle these days but my profile has a mode for fighter, bomber and vehicle. Comes in handy for things like changing gunner positions or setting up the bomb sight.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2020, 02:29:45 PM »

As I was reading this I was checking my hat switches to see if any were loose, I made a discovery, apparently any SA on the issue has eluded me for years but if you push the tiny throttle joystick in  -- >  the led lights change from red to amber to green. I have no Idea what this accomplishes, I guess I have never really stared at the throttle while flying.

Each light is a different mode, allowing multiple profiles in a .map file.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2020, 03:39:38 PM »
That center press button on the mini stick changes the mode of your CH stuff. If you're using CH control manager you can map three different modes to each button and hat. I only have the throttle these days but my profile has a mode for fighter, bomber and vehicle. Comes in handy for things like changing gunner positions or setting up the bomb sight.

Each light is a different mode, allowing multiple profiles in a .map file.

Since flying again I just mapped the buttons and hats through the game interface, are you still using the CH control manager?
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2020, 03:48:53 PM »
Yeah because that's the only way you can get the modes to work. The games don't see them, only the CM does. It's a PITA ritual getting it to work in win10 but I figured it out. Not like I use the different modes every day but it's handy when I need to.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group