Author Topic: Why Aces High should consider the route of 'alternate reality'  (Read 4665 times)

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
Re: Why Aces High should consider the route of 'alternate reality'
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2020, 01:38:50 PM »
This why I suggested Clan Air awhile ago. But the purists think it is an insult to those that served , fought and died.

Also the work load would increase dramatically on Hitech and team.

Still it would be nice to see the numbers in game increase again. I started AH in 2010, there were 400 players in ma alot, it dwindled and dwindled. Now it just the purists. Its really too bad IMO. I do believe you could create off history scenarios and battles that would be true to what the purists crave and what would hold off the staleness, and draw in newbies.

Ultimately its up to Hitech and team, its thier workload that would increase, but anything worth doing takes extreme effort.
 I have often said that increasing the players invested efforts would help regenerate the game.

salute
 :airplane:

ps: yeah I know I quit....
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2020, 06:30:43 PM »
Its too bad combat tour never got added to the MA. I think with that type of game play with on going missions and "side" story type things it would keep the players of today more interested than what the game has been boiled down to.

Even with all the options this game has, it is boiled down to a half dozen fighters that everyone uses, a couple GVs and a couple of buffs. Game play is the same, smash and grab, or NOE. GV are either supply running or doing the sneak run disappearing if defense shows up.

There us to be so much more going on in the game. Yes we had more numbers so that Im sure helped, but even with Trev95s missions once a week you can see there IS interest in these things. Years ago we had a number of players that when they logged on everyone was looking forward to some action. These "generals" put together missions which generated defensive missions. LTARs always hard a ground war going and they had only a third of the vehicles that we have now.

I think some dedicated "generals" be it either players stepping up, or added code to simulate things would go a long way to adding "new" stuff to the game. As long as the missions are mixed up and not the same old NOE thing over and over. Coading it would be tough as it would have to monitor the action and bases and then generate a mission plan and then execute almost on the fly as it were. I know when I ran missions for the 444th Air Mafia all those years ago it was almost a "full time" job. Squad nights I spent all of my time planning and setting up missions either from the tower or in a buff on a long porking mission, so I could keep track of what was going on and what I thought we needed where.

It the game play was always changing every 30-40 minutes due to this missions I think it would keep everyone more interested. Buff guys would be doing what they like, fighter would be doing what they like and GVer would be doing what they like with something different coming around the corner every 30-40 minutes.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2020, 02:28:35 AM »
Its too bad combat tour never got added to the MA. I think with that type of game play with on going missions and "side" story type things it would keep the players of today more interested than what the game has been boiled down to.

Even with all the options this game has, it is boiled down to a half dozen fighters that everyone uses, a couple GVs and a couple of buffs. Game play is the same, smash and grab, or NOE. GV are either supply running or doing the sneak run disappearing if defense shows up.

There us to be so much more going on in the game. Yes we had more numbers so that Im sure helped, but even with Trev95s missions once a week you can see there IS interest in these things. Years ago we had a number of players that when they logged on everyone was looking forward to some action. These "generals" put together missions which generated defensive missions. LTARs always hard a ground war going and they had only a third of the vehicles that we have now.

I think some dedicated "generals" be it either players stepping up, or added code to simulate things would go a long way to adding "new" stuff to the game. As long as the missions are mixed up and not the same old NOE thing over and over. Coading it would be tough as it would have to monitor the action and bases and then generate a mission plan and then execute almost on the fly as it were. I know when I ran missions for the 444th Air Mafia all those years ago it was almost a "full time" job. Squad nights I spent all of my time planning and setting up missions either from the tower or in a buff on a long porking mission, so I could keep track of what was going on and what I thought we needed where.

It the game play was always changing every 30-40 minutes due to this missions I think it would keep everyone more interested. Buff guys would be doing what they like, fighter would be doing what they like and GVer would be doing what they like with something different coming around the corner every 30-40 minutes.
Pretty much it in a nutshell. The people have changed and no one new to step in and take the reins.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DOUG

• Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2020, 04:43:09 PM »
We used to have ufos with lasers photon torpedoes, and backwards firing greenShite. THAT'S petty alternate.  Ask Dale nicely to fire that up maybe once a week or so. That was AH2,  haven't seen it in ah3
elfy
"UsedToDoALittleButTheLittleWo uldntDoIt,So the Little gotMore andMore,JustKeepTryingToGet a littleBetterIsaid aLittleBetterThanBefore"...A.Rose
AK elfy-1st ArabianKnight recruited in AH- May 7,2000

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2020, 04:55:47 PM »
We used to have ufos with lasers photon torpedoes, and backwards firing greenShite. THAT'S petty alternate.  Ask Dale nicely to fire that up maybe once a week or so. That was AH2,  haven't seen it in ah3
elfy

It was pretty much reserved for AH convention occasions.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2020, 04:57:55 PM »
It was pretty much reserved for AH convention occasions.

I only recall it ever being used the once.  That was a fun day.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2020, 05:12:25 PM »
I only recall it ever being used the once.  That was a fun day.

Wiley.

Each convention was different. The one I went to featured Dale's yellow hotrod stunt plane fitted with an A-10 cannon.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2020, 05:29:29 PM »
Sharks with "frikin'" lazers on there heads, The 163 before it was released, and these babies....

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2020, 07:27:12 PM »
The UFO, the beer bottle, and the squid.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2020, 10:54:38 PM »
  I got in on shooting the RV8 and the flying PT Boats.  Nailed dale 5 times in a row in his boat with my B-26's. Evidently boats can sink while flying as well. :P
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!