Author Topic: Covid19 things I知 seeing & hearing  (Read 6448 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: Covid19 things I知 seeing & hearing
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2020, 05:37:34 PM »
I doubt many nations statistics, death rate etc. outside the western-oriented nations.
Many have an agenda and are pressing down their numbers heavily.

An agenda? nah. Most poor nations have very poor healthcare or cash operated healthcare.

Take Cambodia for example, you need cash to see a doctor or get into hospital. Run out of cash and you're out on your backside. And a lot of doctors appear to be fake, we hear a lot of stories from family (wife is cambodian) about stuff which makes no sense. So many cambodians don't trust doctors.

The outcome is a lot of sick people there simply don't see a doctor, either they don't have cash or are afraid. So you know that the 140 cases there represent a tiny subset of the population (rich people who can afford genuine doctors).

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2020, 09:23:30 PM »
In LA County, there are numerous free testing sites set up.

In Phoenix metro and the valley the wait times/lines to get the test is reportedly taking up to 8 even 10 hours. Saw a man interviewed in line said he壇 been in line with his mother (who had a fever and cough) for 8 hours and they were about to run out of gas (it was well over 100 for a good part of that day). He was thankful that they were finally close to the front.

Announced today, our bars, gyms and gatherings of 50+ people have been shut down again. Foreseeable, but late to the game (again) IMO as our steep incline started occurring 2+ weeks ago.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2020, 11:03:00 PM »
Difference being.... you are paying, they are not.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2020, 06:24:18 AM »
Opened a huge testing site here yesterday at 8am and closed an hour later when all 300 and something  available tests had been assigned.

Can someone please tell me what testing anyone not sick enough to see a doctor actually does?

You drive through and get swabbed or poked for your sample..

You leave testing and go fill up with gas..

You accidentally infect yourself as you rub your eye after using the gas pump within minutes after someone who gas infected had filled his truck..

You are now infected though your sample will come back negative and the cycle continues...

Other than an incomplete picture of an infection percentage at a moment in time these tests are useless unless you can continually test everyone to get an accurate picture of an ever changing scene which is not possible.

From what I can gather the age of the infected has dropped as has the strength of the virus but old ppl and the obese which sadly now a days seems to be the majority of the population in the US need to be careful.

Stay safe as I predict this should pass by 2nd week in Nov at the lastest :)

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2020, 07:39:31 AM »

My mom recently contracted covid19.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2020, 07:41:24 AM »

Sorry to hear. How's she doing?  :(

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2020, 07:41:27 AM »
Opened a huge testing site here yesterday at 8am and closed an hour later when all 300 and something  available tests had been assigned.

Can someone please tell me what testing anyone not sick enough to see a doctor actually does?

You drive through and get swabbed or poked for your sample..

You leave testing and go fill up with gas..

You accidentally infect yourself as you rub your eye after using the gas pump within minutes after someone who gas infected had filled his truck..

You are now infected though your sample will come back negative and the cycle continues...

Other than an incomplete picture of an infection percentage at a moment in time these tests are useless unless you can continually test everyone to get an accurate picture of an ever changing scene which is not possible.

From what I can gather the age of the infected has dropped as has the strength of the virus but old ppl and the obese which sadly now a days seems to be the majority of the population in the US need to be careful.

Eagler

Exactly. If you feel you need to be tested, then you should quarantine. It makes little sense otherwise. We have talked about this at the shop.

I am aware of a family that took their daughter to baseball practice. She is a new player. One of their sons was sick but they all went to ball practice except that son. Two days later they are texting folks that their son has covid and they are all getting test. Well now the whole family is testing positive. They are still waiting on the little girls test.

They will probably not quarantine as they did not do it when the kid was sick and they knew he might have it.

This is not just going away. You are going to have to face it sometime. You can't hide behind your mask and stay closed forever. We can already see that is becoming just as deadly. More people to riot, more to kill their families, more to commit crimes......
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2020, 07:45:28 AM »
They will probably not quarantine as they did not do it when the kid was sick and they knew he might have it.

Because .... nobody else matters?

Wear the damned masks, people.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2020, 09:02:12 AM »

Depending on who you talk to, regular mask makes little if any difference.

Stay home if you are concerned. Let others keep the country running.

I drove 10 miles into the next county and spent $1600 over the weekend. No mask there.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 09:06:14 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2020, 09:35:19 AM »

Eagler

Recorded.  I printed it out and pinned it on the board right next to DemnSlayers:

"Less that 100 dead total and completely gone by end of March."

:rolleyes:

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2020, 09:36:25 AM »

Sorry to hear that. 
Best wishes for speedy recovery.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2020, 09:46:31 AM »

You can't fix stupid. 
Especially when it's deliberate.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2020, 10:51:23 AM »
As I sit in my cable lab at work with my mask on watching my glasses fog up with each exhale, I follow the rules...

If I could not work and this affected me financially, it would have to be another story.

I hope I am wrong with my prediction as if it were to come true many folks would be rightly outraged.

Hope your mom has the lighter version some say this thing has become

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2020, 11:42:49 AM »
i believe masks won't stop me from catching the virus but it lowers the risk. the dumb guy that was turned away at the legion came back yesterday and tried to get it during a new bartender. i walked in and mention to the bartender that he has a cough and wasn't allowed in on Saturday. he got all upset saying he had already been served. i gave him 10 bucks told him to go home. he got banned for two months.

it seems a little extreme and he probably only has a cough and not covid19 but is the risk worth it?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2020, 11:58:35 AM »
Shouldn't 'Flat Earthers' want to flatten the curve?

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Dat dere is ffuuuuuunnnnnie.

"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech