Author Topic: Covid19 things I知 seeing & hearing  (Read 6406 times)

Offline Scared

• Zinc Member
Re: Covid19 things I知 seeing & hearing
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2020, 01:34:53 AM »
Yeah I get ya. No situation is perfect. I was going to pull down the statue of the guy who ran Wheeling-Pittsburgh steel but figured...whats the point? I had to settle for writing graffiti on the parking garage. lol. j/k. Good old West Virginia...no teeth...is having teeth a prerequisite for catching covid? If so...that might be the solution. Oh well...insomnia and cannibus kicking in. good night guys. Also, do you think generations of us mating with our cousins could have built some sort of immunity?  :x

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2020, 06:22:17 AM »
Still a rough estimate. Sadly there may be more suicides as people lose jobs. On the other hand, fewer people driving to work has lowered vehicular deaths. How do you best account for those?

Yes several have killed their whole family. A lot of mentally unstable people out too.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2020, 08:45:53 AM »
There will be no denying it by anyone who doesn't also deny the roundness of the earth, etc.

You'll find we have a few Covid Flat-Earthers around here.

:salute

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2020, 10:22:08 AM »
Re: Flat-earthers:

Explain surveyors correction for the curvature of the Earth.

https://www.engineeringenotes.com/surveying/levelling/curvature-and-refraction-in-levelling-surveying/13943
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2020, 10:45:19 AM »
In LA County, there are numerous free testing sites set up.

but we are taking about other nations.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2020, 10:55:13 AM »
Re: Flat-earthers:

Explain surveyors correction for the curvature of the Earth.

https://www.engineeringenotes.com/surveying/levelling/curvature-and-refraction-in-levelling-surveying/13943

Meh.  I admit it took me a few years on the internet to finally realize it, but there is just no point in arguing with Flat-Earthers, QAnon Nutters, Moon-Landing Deniers, Covid Skeptics, or Religious Whacks.

I don't argue with them for the same reason I don't bother arguing with small children or senile elders.  There is simply no point.   

:salute

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2020, 10:57:08 AM »
Shouldn't 'Flat Earthers' want to flatten the curve?

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2020, 11:16:05 AM »
What I'm really curious about is how this will eventually effect private health insurance companies if this continues to drag on or get worse. (I expect both.)

No way they could have sufficient reserves for this kind of extended Black-Swan event.  What happens when the private insurance system begins to collapse?

Imagine being in the ICU and the hospital administrator comes in with paper work and tells you you insurance company has filed Chapter 11 and they'll need you to sign for your $300,000 month long hospital stay.

How will the public react when these companies, who have milked them dry for decades, suddenly decide this sector is unprofitable and decide to close up shop and move in to other more profitable fields.  You're on your own.  Good luck.  So long, and thanks for all the fish.

I had something similar happen to me with car insurance years ago.  I had car insurance with State Farm here in Texas.  After a series of bad hail storms, they sent me a letter saying they just decided to get out of the car insurance business.  I had 3 months to find coverage elsewhere.  I don't know if that was all of State Farm in Texas or just my agent.  It certainly felt like a right FU. Especially since I never filed any hail damage claim.

Don't think that private insurance won't just fold and dump people if they feel there is not enough profit in it to stay and payout.  They'll do it in a heartbeat.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2020, 12:39:05 PM »
I had something similar happen to me with car insurance years ago.  I had car insurance with State Farm here in Texas.  After a series of bad hail storms, they sent me a letter saying they just decided to get out of the car insurance business.  I had 3 months to find coverage elsewhere.  I don't know if that was all of State Farm in Texas or just my agent.  It certainly felt like a right FU. Especially since I never filed any hail damage claim

That was your agent that was the salamander. Haven稚 been dropped for anything in Houston.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2020, 12:43:23 PM »
State Farm is poor insurance. Had been for decades. Farmers took a dump about four years back when it got rid of all the brokers with experience. They brought in completely clueless brokers with little if any knowledge.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2020, 12:50:13 PM »
What I'm really curious about is how this will eventually effect private health insurance companies if this continues to drag on or get worse. (I expect both.)

No way they could have sufficient reserves for this kind of extended Black-Swan event.  What happens when the private insurance system begins to collapse?

Imagine being in the ICU and the hospital administrator comes in with paper work and tells you you insurance company has filed Chapter 11 and they'll need you to sign for your $300,000 month long hospital stay.

How will the public react when these companies, who have milked them dry for decades, suddenly decide this sector is unprofitable and decide to close up shop and move in to other more profitable fields.  You're on your own.  Good luck.  So long, and thanks for all the fish.

I had something similar happen to me with car insurance years ago.  I had car insurance with State Farm here in Texas.  After a series of bad hail storms, they sent me a letter saying they just decided to get out of the car insurance business.  I had 3 months to find coverage elsewhere.  I don't know if that was all of State Farm in Texas or just my agent.  It certainly felt like a right FU. Especially since I never filed any hail damage claim.

Don't think that private insurance won't just fold and dump people if they feel there is not enough profit in it to stay and payout.  They'll do it in a heartbeat.

just talking about what i see in my neighborhood.

all elective surgery are canceled, really hard to get an appointment to see a doctor.  you get screened while making an appointment and if you do not meet whatever standards they have you only get a phone appointment.  i got rear-ended 2 weeks ago, not serious enough to go to the hospital, so i got a phone appointment. thought it was funny having a doctor ask you to move this way or that way over the phone.  right now i have a mass in my left elbow, about 2 inches in diameter, i took a picture and you guess right, another phone appointment.

insurance companies are saving money, less people are going to the doctor. and some hospitals are laying off personnel. while ers are as packed as always.

semp

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2020, 02:59:30 PM »
Hopefully they are not packed with the usual folks that have colds and such. They should not treat anyone that is not an emergency.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2020, 03:18:18 PM »
Hopefully they are not packed with the usual folks that have colds and such. They should not treat anyone that is not an emergency.

normal flu like symptoms without a fever or difficulty in breathing are sent home after getting a swab and told to go home and isolated and only return with a fever or difficulty breathing. body aches like i hurt my back but no broken bones are also sent home.

semp

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2020, 03:30:00 PM »
normal flu like symptoms without a fever or difficulty in breathing are sent home after getting a swab and told to go home and isolated and only return with a fever or difficulty breathing. body aches like i hurt my back but no broken bones are also sent home.

semp

I am referring to before covid actually. I had to meet my Mother in law at the emergency room as she was removed from the ambulance. The place was full of folks who could not speak English.

The nurse said they come there for colds and such.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2020, 04:03:51 PM »
I am referring to before covid actually. I had to meet my Mother in law at the emergency room as she was removed from the ambulance. The place was full of folks who could not speak English.

The nurse said they come there for colds and such.

just asked my wife that question as she worked in the er. she said unless it was a slow day which she never had one, flu or flu like symptoms are made to wait till there was space, they would get checked in but without fever or difficulty breathing, English or no English they would be there for hours if they declined to go to urgent care.

i myself have taken my wife to urgent care outside of hospital because it was cheaper and we had great insurance. er visits are 250, urgent care at hospital was 30 but you had to go in wait in line at 12 make appointment and come back after 5pm and again wait 1 or 2 hours.  urgent care outside of hospital is 60-80, was more convenient and same level of care.

semp