Author Topic: Will the YAK fighters ever had their damage model corrected?  (Read 822 times)

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
Will the damage model ever be corrected on the yak fighters? I've lost count how many times I've hit a YAKs tail full of 20mm and they only loose an elevator or maybe a stabilizer if I'm lucky.

I've also seriously doubt the dive performance of the yak3 especially with the soviet reports of the plywood wings delaminating when diving on German fighters. Yet in game I can keep up with P47s in a dive while flying a yak. Maybe I'm beating a dead horse with this but the damage model certainly needs an adjustment for a plane made out of plywood, 20mm should tear it to shreds.

Perhaps wooden aircraft should have a damage model similar to that of the WW1 airplanes so hits to the plywood surfaces actually add drag and decrease lift. That way we can have a more accurate damage model but not have the wing break off with one 20mm hit.

Any thoughts?

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
Re: Will the YAK fighters ever had their damage model corrected?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 12:19:12 PM »
Probably not.

But ENY needs to change :)

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 09:42:35 PM »
Something has to change it feels like cheating flying it

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 10:44:04 PM »
Something is bizarre and off about it, check out the 30mm strike I posted in the films and screenshots.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 02:40:34 PM »
Something is bizarre and off about it, check out the 30mm strike I posted in the films and screenshots.

Hopefully it'll be moved to the bug forum shortly, where I should have asked it moved after initially posting it in the wrong place.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 04:38:48 PM »
Hopefully it'll be moved to the bug forum shortly, where I should have asked it moved after initially posting it in the wrong place.

For that... you are grounded for 35 seconds.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 05:42:27 PM »
  it is not the material that makes it a good diver or frail.. i lose parts when i dive to fast. and have 2 pings deaths when using them..  nothing here is perfect..  some are very close though.  i   had to relearn   or learn the ah3 interpretations of flight performance and disregard  a lot of what i know about real planes to  excell here...   like 95mph turns in a loaded p 47.. jeff ethell said they would fall out of the sky like  a brick if you tried to turn one at less than 135mph..  i say don't look at general data for kd planes.. look at the stats of the ateam that uses them.    i doubt anything here will change..     how good is good enough?.. for me i would not stop until i had a virtually parody of real flight performance.. then it would be a historical record for the ages not just a game.. what about  the squelch notifications.. it says  the same thing whether you squelch the vox or text.. that is good enough for ah... attention to detail and service is what  helps make a very succesful operation.... whether  profit or not..

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 07:01:17 PM »
  it is not the material that makes it a good diver or frail.. i lose parts when i dive to fast. and have 2 pings deaths when using them..  nothing here is perfect..  some are very close though.  i   had to relearn   or learn the ah3 interpretations of flight performance and disregard  a lot of what i know about real planes to  excell here...   like 95mph turns in a loaded p 47.. jeff ethell said they would fall out of the sky like  a brick if you tried to turn one at less than 135mph..  i say don't look at general data for kd planes.. look at the stats of the ateam that uses them.    i doubt anything here will change..     how good is good enough?.. for me i would not stop until i had a virtually parody of real flight performance.. then it would be a historical record for the ages not just a game.. what about  the squelch notifications.. it says  the same thing whether you squelch the vox or text.. that is good enough for ah... attention to detail and service is what  helps make a very succesful operation.... whether  profit or not..

Show me a video of any P47 at any fuel load doing a flat turn at 95 mph IAS and not loose altitude "like a rock" in game, its not happening. Id be willing to bet you'd also loose altitude flat turning at 135 mph aswell.

Materials aside, the russians noted the problems the Yak3 had in dives that ive not seen in aces high.

EDIT: Just tried it in the training arena. Took a 100% fuel Yak3 in a dive from 28,000 ft and did not have any structural failures until 560 mph IAS and 605 TAS. At those speeds even a P47M is going to have a hard time outrunning a Yak3 in dive yet Yak3s had issues keeping up with 109s in dives according to soviet reports...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 07:09:20 PM by TryHard »