Author Topic: Boeing 737 Max  (Read 6613 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Boeing 737 Max
« on: June 29, 2020, 08:36:23 PM »
The Boeing 737 Max made it’s first test flight today on the road to recertification.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Boeing 737 Max
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 11:04:23 PM »
It will pass with flying colors.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 09:56:40 AM »
It will pass with flying colors.

No doubt at all. 

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 10:06:16 AM »
One of the things I read about the FAA's agenda was whether there needed to be training certification on the pilots flying the Max. From what I've heard in here, that would solve most of the problems to begin with.
All those Boeing promises to the contrary, if this comes to pass, it'll cost the company another bundle.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 12:10:55 PM »
One of the things I read about the FAA's agenda was whether there needed to be training certification on the pilots flying the Max. From what I've heard in here, that would solve most of the problems to begin with.
All those Boeing promises to the contrary, if this comes to pass, it'll cost the company another bundle.

...and that unfortunately will hurt sales to countries who's airlines won't want to spend the money to properly train their pilots. I.e. most third world country airlines with questionable maintenance records and practices (i.e. Lion Air, Ethiopian Airlines) that were contributing factors to their MAX crashes.

Since Pakistan just found out that a 1/3 of their country civilian pilots had fake pilot credentials , I wonder how many more pilots have fake qualifications/flying hours that get behind machines they have no business flying?
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 12:23:58 PM »
...and that unfortunately will hurt sales to countries who's airlines won't want to spend the money to properly train their pilots. I.e. most third world country airlines with questionable maintenance records and practices (i.e. Lion Air, Ethiopian Airlines) that were contributing factors to their MAX crashes.

Since Pakistan just found out that a 1/3 of their country civilian pilots had fake pilot credentials , I wonder how many more pilots have fake qualifications/flying hours that get behind machines they have no business flying?

Therein is the root cause of the two Max crashes.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 12:26:38 PM »
Therein is the root cause of the two Max crashes.

Has it been determined yet if the pilots of both planes had any real flight school training? That would be very interesting...

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 12:30:08 PM »
Well this will be locked eventually, but anyway...what makes the MAX so different than previous 737s that would require such heavy training for the type? Is it just new technological systems to get acquainted with?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2020, 12:31:45 PM »
From what the Boeing pilots in here said.... any that need to be trained, need to be trained in any Boeing as the reaction is the same.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2020, 12:32:00 PM »
Has it been determined yet if the pilots of both planes had any real flight school training? That would be very interesting...

Unknown.  But, from the viewpoint of a well trained and safe 737 pilot, they lacked the basic competency and ability to handle the aircraft in a non normal situation.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2020, 12:55:48 PM »
Hopefully it is delivered with a training disclaimer that removes Boeing from liability of poorly trained pilots in these other countries.

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2020, 01:43:17 PM »
Well this will be locked eventually, but anyway...what makes the MAX so different than previous 737s that would require such heavy training for the type? Is it just new technological systems to get acquainted with?

Heavy training will be a by product of the incompetent handling of the two non normal Max crashes and politicians, in my opinion.  Yes, new technology.  But, nothing that can’t be adapted to and flown safely by competent, well trained pilots.  When the 737 NG first came out there was additional targeted training to make the conversion from round dials (ya know, all those clocks) to the flat panel screens.  It was a challenging conversion but, when proficiency built up, very few wanted to fly the round dials because of the large workload reduction of the NGs.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 01:46:10 PM by Puma44 »

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2020, 01:43:19 PM »
Unknown.  But, from the viewpoint of a well trained and safe 737 pilot, they lacked the basic competency and ability to handle the aircraft in a non normal situation.

...IMHO that screams fake credentials. Or, poorly trained pilots. The result is the same for both.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2020, 02:00:10 PM »
...IMHO that screams fake credentials. Or, poorly trained pilots. The result is the same for both.

Or, low time, inexperienced pilots which was another indicator in these incidents.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2020, 02:11:57 PM »
Heavy training will be a by product of the incompetent handling of the two non normal Max crashes and politicians, in my opinion.  Yes, new technology.  But, nothing that can’t be adapted to and flown safely by competent, well trained pilots.  When the 737 NG first came out there was additional targeted training to make the conversion from round dials (ya know, all those clocks) to the flat panel screens.  It was a challenging conversion but, when proficiency built up, very few wanted to fly the round dials because of the large workload reduction of the NGs.
Interesting, I assumed it was along those lines. I just figured these days it would be more common to have newer instruments in most aircraft these days.

Another thing too is - all of the training in the world in a simulated situation won't help you in a real world situation if anxiety takes over for one reason or another. Pilots might go their entire career without getting into a snafu where emergency training has to play a part.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com