Author Topic: Fake pilot licenses...  (Read 610 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Fake pilot licenses...
« on: June 30, 2020, 12:16:17 PM »
How much of a real issue is it in North America? Pakistan found out that a 1/3 of pilots in their country have fake credentials, from commercial ratings, ILS/Night quals, twin ratings, right up to their actual license.

So, is there an international body that regulates, records, and issues pilots licenses, or is it an individual country's responsibility? Could explain a majority of airplane crashes we see all over the world?

Since fake university/college diplomas are a real thing, was this just a matter of time before we all realised that these morons can also fake pilots licenses and other qualifications?

What a mess.

And no, I no longer have any flying licenses. (for now).
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
Re: Fake pilot licenses...
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 10:55:33 PM »
It’s not an issue in North America. But in Asia it is a huge problem.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 10:36:32 AM »
It's pretty tightly regulated and silly easy to confirm so fake creds aren't really an issue in the US from what I have read.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 10:46:42 AM »
It's pretty tightly regulated and silly easy to confirm so fake creds aren't really an issue in the US from what I have read.

Plus, US airlines tend to do exhaustive background checks, contact references, conduct extensive ground schools, and then get in the simulator for several sessions followed by a qualification checkride.   

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 11:44:46 AM »
I'm actually impressed that Pakistan fired 1/3 of its pilots.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 11:56:17 AM »
So, is there an international body that regulates, records, and issues pilots licenses
And no, I no longer have any flying licenses. (for now).

No.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 02:27:03 AM »
I'm actually impressed that Pakistan fired 1/3 of its pilots.

semp

It's the only way if they want to keep up their international services, I think US wants or has denied them flights already.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera