Author Topic: Just when you think....  (Read 4058 times)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Just when you think....
« on: July 01, 2020, 05:46:23 PM »
the #s are going up, this last tour completely reversed that  :angry: March, April, and May, had decent #s in total death stats. I saw almost 200 in the arena. It was looking really good. Last tour all the growth disappeared and we were left back to about Februarys #s. I expect Covid had some involvement in that but I just dont understand how literally all of that new growth dissapeared in June. It just irritates me because with the subscription model, we will probably never see any of these players again unless they decide to subscribe one month just to retry it. One of my biggest issues with the subscription is that a player is less likely to retry the game after not playing it for months since they have to subscribe. With many people out of work and now out of money, they are going to play games that they have already bought or are free. I feel like Aces High throws away so many people to never fly again because of the subscription. Its incredibly difficult to get my generation to buy anything. A monthly fee just makes it sound expensive compared to tier pricing for goods that make them better than everyone else. (Not saying we should do that). But a tiered subscription would probably get more people back in the game.

Now, I dont want to just blame it on the subscription, perhaps it was too hard for them, perhaps people were mean to them, perhaps it was too far to a base to die, perhaps it was getting ganged by 6 people every time they got into a fight, then having to fly back to the fight which can be slow... Maybe they all went back to work and don't want to play video games anymore.

I don't know. Its just puzzling to me to see such a large drop off of #s in plane stats in June compared to the last 3 months before it. Hopefully we see some better #s in July...

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Just when you think....
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 06:13:09 PM »
Let us know when your game is released. You seem to have it all figured out.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 06:25:58 PM »
It is logical that there would be a drop in numbers for June.  Most states eased restrictions for COVID-19, so people naturally ventured out and some went back to work after months of being at home.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 07:45:38 PM »
Let us know when your game is released. You seem to have it all figured out.

You know this is what makes Aces High special.

Here is someone who is genuinely concerned about the amount of people actually playing and enjoying the game, and the first reply on the forums is negative and implicitly insulting. You know there's actually far more productive ways to state your opinion that might actually get a discussion going rather than calling the OP a know it all.
Class act Shuffler, Class act <S>

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 08:53:09 PM »

Here is someone who is genuinely concerned about the amount of people actually playing and enjoying the game, and the first reply on the forums is negative and implicitly insulting. You know there's actually far more productive ways to state your opinion that might actually get a discussion going rather than calling the OP a know it all.

when I started it was a slow day when there were less than 300 during the day at night it was more like 30 to 40.  it was frustrating for me to fly back then as I died a lot.  yesterday it took me about maybe over an hour to get a kill as I died alot, but I ended up the night with perhaps 7 or 8 kills.  and yet I had fun.  when i started i would get that in an hour and wasnt having fun.  somehow numbers either less or more dont equal to fun, at least that's not how I see it.  now there's times when I play for perhaps 3 or 4 hours and sometimes I get 1 or 2 kills, but for some reason the game is more fun now than when I started.

perhaps I have different expectations than before, I am not really any better than when I started but I guess I adapted.  I will quit this game when I stop having fun, being 1000 in the arena or one.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 10:59:53 PM »

You caress his hair all you want. He talks from zero experience.  Some have all the answers.... so they think.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 11:15:28 PM »
I'd say the uptick would pretty much have to be because of the lockdown.  Relaxing lockdown coupled with nicer weather, I think it's a pretty clear picture.

Maybe if they advertise?  On the history channel and at airshows?   :bolt:

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 01:21:59 AM »
Maybe if they advertise?  On the history channel and at airshows?   :bolt:

Wiley.

AHC - American Heroes Channel would also be a great place. In the beginning of the lockdown DirectTV added to our package. Some awesome shows on it I always wanted to see, like the Civil War shows they created. Lots of WWII shows - advertising opportunities I’d imagine.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 07:44:09 AM »
I just didn't expect the drop off to be that large. 29,000 deaths from May to June is a lot.  :frown: I thought we finally had something going...
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 07:49:15 AM »

It is the norm of people who think the game is a-ok. People don't realize that all good ideas come from a simple thought, and you never know what might take off.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 09:45:30 AM »
It is the norm of people who think the game is a-ok. People don't realize that all good ideas come from a simple thought, and you never know what might take off.

There are always going to be petty little self-appointed forum commissars who think it is their job to run around and stamp out any wrong-think that isn't abject, servile worship of the status quo.

:rolleyes:
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 09:49:46 AM »
Doesn't help the game that the playerbase, in my opinion, hasn't policed itself very well.
It very difficult to find a vertebrate in the entire arena.  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 10:10:04 AM »
There are always going to be petty little self-appointed forum commissars who think it is their job to run around and stamp out any wrong-think that isn't abject, servile worship of the status quo.

:rolleyes:

That is exactly my point. We all care about the game. Some want to run it and have no clue about the gaming business. They have no idea what has and has not been done.

Play the game and make the best of it. None of us have access the the inside running of this business.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2020, 10:21:52 AM »
HT certainly missed an opportunity to grow numbers by providing the game free for the stay-at-home people.

A service I used to develop (which is free) went from 500 to 5000 over the quarantine period; it settled down to the 3500 as the lock-down started to ease up.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2020, 11:40:41 AM »
the #s are going up, this last tour completely reversed that  :angry: March, April, and May, had decent #s in total death stats. I saw almost 200 in the arena. It was looking really good. Last tour all the growth disappeared and we were left back to about Februarys #s. I expect Covid had some involvement in that but I just dont understand how literally all of that new growth dissapeared in June. It just irritates me because with the subscription model, we will probably never see any of these players again unless they decide to subscribe one month just to retry it. One of my biggest issues with the subscription is that a player is less likely to retry the game after not playing it for months since they have to subscribe. With many people out of work and now out of money, they are going to play games that they have already bought or are free. I feel like Aces High throws away so many people to never fly again because of the subscription. Its incredibly difficult to get my generation to buy anything. A monthly fee just makes it sound expensive compared to tier pricing for goods that make them better than everyone else. (Not saying we should do that). But a tiered subscription would probably get more people back in the game.

Now, I dont want to just blame it on the subscription, perhaps it was too hard for them, perhaps people were mean to them, perhaps it was too far to a base to die, perhaps it was getting ganged by 6 people every time they got into a fight, then having to fly back to the fight which can be slow... Maybe they all went back to work and don't want to play video games anymore.

I don't know. Its just puzzling to me to see such a large drop off of #s in plane stats in June compared to the last 3 months before it. Hopefully we see some better #s in July...

You make an incorrect assumption. That total hours played varies directly with total number of players.

HiTech