Author Topic: Perk Points for Assists?  (Read 1185 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Perk Points for Assists?
« on: July 01, 2020, 10:57:46 PM »
I often fly the higher eny planes.  I simply enjoy the challenge.  However sometimes I like to plunder my perk points and up the occasional 262.

That said.  I often get into some really good fights.  But often times I wind up with assists as the LW cannon planes swoop in and simply do more damage and get the kills.  That part doesn't bother me. 

Not gonna lie.  I do get discouraged often as I get plenty of assists as a result and when I land don't have anything to show for the effort of the fights I somehow was able to land.

My wish is to award perk points for doing damage.  Assists in the air to air effort.  Maybe something like a percentage of what you would get if you actually score the kill.  Maybe 10 or 20%? 

I honestly do not care about score.  I enjoy flying and fighting.  But it would be nice to receive some perk points for assists. 

Thoughts?
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Perk Points for Assists?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 03:53:58 AM »
Since you obviously understand the consequences of choosing the planes you do, why not just choose differently?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 05:16:50 AM »
I might add that if you shoot with mg and make hits, you are more likely to get the kill over one canon round.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 08:09:25 AM »
I feel your pain. I checked back in the scores for three months for the both of us and while yours is due to flying high ENY planes mine is due to my bad aim  :P

I always wished for more for getting assists, Im one of THE best at getting them  :) I can see why you dont get more. Like getting a ditch for landing just off the runway it forces players to get better, creates the "challenge" that helps make the game fun.

So while Im "King of the assists" I get nothing for it and most likely never will.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 10:14:31 AM »
LOL I don't play near as much since Harvey. After the flood I was gone over a year. Now my aiming is actually comical by comparison. I just laugh and bear it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 03:02:05 PM »
LOL I don't play near as much since Harvey. After the flood I was gone over a year. Now my aiming is actually comical by comparison. I just laugh and bear it.

Yeah.  You were deadly before.  You'd pull the trigger and something very important would come off. 
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 03:07:54 PM »
Since you obviously understand the consequences of choosing the planes you do, why not just choose differently?

I try to fly a little bit of everything.  But when I choose to get in a high eny plane because of the initial 1 vs 1 and work them into a vulnerable kill situation then someone else ups in a NiK or something like that, straight to my fight, and essentially steals the kill.  It gets old. 

I do prefer challenge over quick kill.  My aim isn't the best.  I think i still have some issue with getting my scaling dialed in for the X52 Pro. 

But my point in this is, even for some of the newer players.  Wouldn't it be more appealing to offer SOME perk points for causing damage in air to air fights if they (me included) aren't scoring all of the kills? 

Please keep discussing.  I'd like more rational thought on the topic. 

Thanks.
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 03:35:15 PM »
I try to fly a little bit of everything.  But when I choose to get in a high eny plane because of the initial 1 vs 1 and work them into a vulnerable kill situation then someone else ups in a NiK or something like that, straight to my fight, and essentially steals the kill.  It gets old. 

I do prefer challenge over quick kill.  My aim isn't the best.  I think i still have some issue with getting my scaling dialed in for the X52 Pro. 

But my point in this is, even for some of the newer players.  Wouldn't it be more appealing to offer SOME perk points for causing damage in air to air fights if they (me included) aren't scoring all of the kills? 

Thanks.

Good fights are the best. Even when I get killed... great times. Last night I had a drawn out fight with a pony and a typhie. They worked together pretty good but I did get some lead in both of them. It was not to be though... I finally got whacked enough that one of my boots was hanging out the bottom of my 38. Not much left to maneuver and the typh got me. I laughed and posted a salute to both of them. Was a fun fight.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 04:27:23 PM »

Thanks.

That's essentially what we had with the early war arenas, but it got abused. I have tried flying early war rides in the MA in late war, but after you beat them they just run away. Ironic, since I'm such an easy kill and all.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2020, 01:48:32 PM »
Yes please.

Longtime players have more than they’ll ever use.

In my return to AH I’ve gotten a lot of assists as my gunnery is 1/4 of what it used to be.

About 30% of my perks in the last 6+ weeks have come from map wins. If you fly Knights a lot, that’s not that often as we on the whole like to furball more.

In my time back in ftrs I have just under 200, which is often not enough for a Me-262. 

Assist perks would help new players quite a bit imo because once they learn how to get on someone’s 6, shooting them down is another ball game...
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2020, 03:06:48 PM »
Don't get better, just lower the bar.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2020, 01:49:57 AM »
Don't get better, just lower the bar.

I’m not asking for more perks for myself, I will eventually get back the 1000’s that I lost when I unsubscribed. There are a lot of posts recently about how to draw more people into the game. My suggestion is just a thought to help do that, like the other posts by longtime players.

On Monday at about 0645 ET there were 3 Rooks, 7 Knights and 10 Bishops.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2020, 06:06:33 AM »
Yes but new folks who stay 15 minutes never know anything about perks. Those are more long term.

The game runs pretty much on American times. Was not always like that but then there are games from other countries too. Some are not even designed to have many.

Only so many folks on earth, only so may play games. Only so may like aircraft, only so many like WWII aircraft. Only so many like to fight other real people in WWII aircraft games. Only so many online at any given time. Quite a few games to play and that is if they have no other game or outside interest.

Interesting dilemma.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 06:18:12 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2020, 11:07:58 AM »

I guess it's time to change my C202 mission profile from tank killer to assist harvester.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2020, 11:54:33 AM »
I guess it's time to change my C202 mission profile from tank killer to assist harvester.

I seem to have quite a few of those nights. I just look at it as "if it's red, it's dead" and be done with it.
80th FS "Headhunters"