Author Topic: maybe time doesn't heal all wounds.  (Read 508 times)

Offline Scared

• Zinc Member
maybe time doesn't heal all wounds.
« on: July 05, 2020, 10:34:59 AM »
Well I decided to get my old screen name Zapkin back. I used to be a troll. Lots of therapy fixed that. Some people never forget.

I saved and saved until I had enough perkies for a b29 formation. Took off and spiral climbed to about 15k. Headed to enemy bases. Hit four different towns at 20k..probably did 40k damage or more. Killed a low score fighter too. anyway...i spend about 1.5 hours in the air...make it back to my base...struggle to get slow enough to land. I land...everything is okay and then right before I .ef...at the very second before I type it in..I disconnect.

I thought...well arena must have changed. nope...after about 3 minutes I was able to get back into the game and nobody but I had been discoed. What a coincidence. Cost me about 200 perkies. Wow what are the chances that 5 seconds after I am about to claim my points and exit flight...I get discoed. Oh and before you say it was my connection..it wasn't. I am not a computer novice. It was just one of those crazy coincidences.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: maybe time doesn't heal all wounds.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 06:55:04 PM »
The Internet is based upon magic that no one but Skuzzy understands, and no one can control your discoes. If you haven't suffered from this problem it's just a matter of time before you will.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 03:24:54 PM »
Most of the time if you disco while in flight, you can restart your computer and then restart the game. If you do it before 5 minutes, you will respawn back in the air where you were like nothing happened. Your plane basically goes deadstick. If your plane crashes you will not be put back in flight. This has happened a lot to me lately. Not sure if its because my C drive is full. But I've been getting discoed more than usual the past 3 months.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 04:51:34 PM »
What I wonder about is, he had landed when he discoed.  I wonder what the AI does at that point?  I know I have a reasonable record of reconnecting if I disco with no damage at alt in flight, but outside of that circumstance, sometimes I reconnect showing having crashed the plane.

I'd suspect it might try to "fly" and hit the trees at the end of the runway.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 12:47:11 PM »
i believe if you disco while on runway you will lose the plane. if in the air your plane is put on a slight climb and you can be shot down or crash into a mountain.

you have 5 minutes from disco is noticed by system.  do not just try to log back in as chances of not being able to log are less. i automatically reboot my puter to clear whatever cause the disco. 99 out of 100 you can rejoin your plane.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.