Author Topic: July 2020 KOTH Date  (Read 2106 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
July 2020 KOTH Date
« on: July 02, 2020, 06:40:46 PM »
July KOTH will be held Sunday 26 July 2020 in SEA II 7 PM EST, 6 pm CST, 5 pm MST, 4 pm PST and 11 pm GMT.
Krupnski won last month and chose the P-51B as our first chariot of battle.
We're half way through the year which means the TOC is around the corner and you don't want to miss that.
Plenty of great, sweaty-palm dog fights to have for one and all. Join the fun.
Perk points for the winner. Test your situational awareness and see how you do.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: July 2020 KOTH Date
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 01:38:55 PM »
July KOTH will be held Sunday 26 July 2020 in SEA II 7 PM EST, 6 pm CST, 5 pm MST, 4 pm PST and 11 pm GMT.
Krupnski won last month and chose the P-51B as our first chariot of battle.
We're half way through the year which means the TOC is around the corner and you don't want to miss that.
Plenty of great, sweaty-palm dog fights to have for one and all. Join the fun.
Perk points for the winner. Test your situational awareness and see how you do.

1 week to go,
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 11:54:33 AM »
Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

Hope to see you there!

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 01:40:44 PM »
It's really making me think about it more than usual. Might set an alarm just to make sure I don't nap through it.   :old:

Tomorrow.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 01:30:41 PM »
I'll be glad when it's over as I have a weird vision of me sleeping through it or something.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 12:37:19 PM »
Nice crowd!

Congrats Lazer!

Thanks for hosting fuzeman!

<S>

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 01:56:29 PM »
Nice crowd!

Congrats Lazer!

Thanks for hosting fuzeman!

<S>

Eagler

Thanks Eagler, had some good quality fights.  Thanks for hosting fuzeman, sorry about my ranting, i wassnt a big fan of what was going on one round, but it didnt deserve the tantrum i had.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 07:13:34 PM »
Thanks Eagler, had some good quality fights.  Thanks for hosting fuzeman, sorry about my ranting, i wassnt a big fan of what was going on one round, but it didnt deserve the tantrum i had.

Sorry I missed it, I was asleep

Congrats Lazer!

If you see something that is wrong or not in the spirit of KOTH, then I would want who ever sees it to shout til the arena crashes (meaning, until the KOTH CM(s) address and handle it)

whether it be handled on the spot or handled later all depending on what the infraction is.....but that's how I've always viewed things like this

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2020, 02:15:13 PM »
Logs are up and it's fine Lazer. I have cogitated that situation before and I probably did fornicate that one up Sunday. Probably ? heck I did!
Just what is engaging? One of those things where you ask 20 AH'ers you might get 20 different answers.
I may write something up for discussion and throw it in here. That way it hopefully wont attract any turd farmers who just like to plant a seed in posts they are clueless on.
And KOTH posts of discussion usually attract turd farmers.
I'm going to watch some film now of round 2 and see who was throwing my numbers off.
Iron Fist may have to talk to somebody. I don't know if that distracted me or not from this issue but I recall a bit of fixation when thinking about Last Four numbers.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2020, 07:36:54 PM »
Logs are up and it's fine Lazer. I have cogitated that situation before and I probably did fornicate that one up Sunday. Probably ? heck I did!
Just what is engaging? One of those things where you ask 20 AH'ers you might get 20 different answers.
I may write something up for discussion and throw it in here. That way it hopefully wont attract any turd farmers who just like to plant a seed in posts they are clueless on.
And KOTH posts of discussion usually attract turd farmers.
I'm going to watch some film now of round 2 and see who was throwing my numbers off.
Iron Fist may have to talk to somebody. I don't know if that distracted me or not from this issue but I recall a bit of fixation when thinking about Last Four numbers.
i cant tell you the round.  When i started barking is when a con ran from another for about 10 miles.  The guy chasing him saw the issue with it, and watched me kill the runner after avoiding 3 or 4 Hos.  All while sitting above me, pretty much ready to kill me at will.

But either way, i had fun, and appreciate you hosting.  Its got to suck watching all the good engagements in 2 hours time.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2020, 08:17:34 PM »
<SNIP> Its got to suck watching all the good engagements in 2 hours time.
I'll say one thing, flying in KOTH is one of the things that keeps me in Aces High.
 :confused: wait a minute, I don't   :bolt:

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2020, 08:19:41 PM »
What is ‘engaging a fight’ in KOTH?
So you have to fly to the closest dot or dots on the map after you finish a fight and engage it. Just what does engage mean?
Being the CM running the event and starting this discussion my opinion might be relevant, then again maybe I’m just planting a turd. It’s a starting point at least.
And the situation to discuss is this: A and B are duking it out fairly low altitude with neither having a clear advantage and we have C inbound from their last fight with altitude. What does C have to do to engage?
In my opinion C has to dive into the fight and attempt to fire on a target. That means getting close enough to hit said target if he fires his guns. Whether he does fire or not is irrelevant but the distance between him and his intended target does. Of course he would want to hit him but if his target jinks enough to make firing just a waste of ammo you wouldn’t.
And a CM can’t be watching every fight, even with Marty Feldman eyes, so what’s a CM to do?
I did watch my film and that was the round where I had inflight numbers showing 5 and I could only see 4 dots on the map. I did go around to every dot I could see in CMEye and find out if someone was in a chute or a ditched plane and didn’t find anything. It was then down to last three, with number inflight matching number of dots on map, and I came over to see what was going on.
So what are you KOTHers opinions?

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2020, 09:18:59 PM »
Well, i can pm you the name of the guy running, and the guy chasing him if that helps... i could see if i was a wabbit, but the guy in pursuit agreed with me.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2020, 07:49:53 AM »
I chased someone for miles as he pulled me into an ongoing fight only to have him turn back into me once we reached the fight and I had to turn off.

Cant remember the round...

Another maybe same round had my contact above 6k when we 1st merged...

Not going to make noise during the event about such things as I figure they just dont know any better.

Also fuzeman didnt mean to aggravate you when I repeatedly requested a 109f - I just didnt know if you got the selection or not.

Thanks again for hosting - hope you caught some of the Led Zepplin show

Do you think the earlier time was better or worse than the original 11pm EST start time?

<S>

Eagler

Offline Simon

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2020, 08:55:13 AM »
Fuzeman, your hosting was impeccable as always <S>. 7pm is definitely much better for me.

I noticed a few new handles participating, which probably caused things to be a bit more chaotic than usual, but nothing too out of the ordinary.

From my perspective, round 2 wasn't quite right because the con closest to me wouldn't west come towards me. Instead he went north towards Lazer, who had just finished a fight making us the last 3.

I actually thought that whoever it was went AFK, so I kept chasing him. When he engaged Lazer I decided that I wouldn't also engage Lazer as it didn't seem right, especially considering he was low-E. Instead I wanted to kill the original con, but couldn't do so because it was high-energy and he kept shooting head-on. By this time he was alternating HO's between Lazer and I. The only way I could have killed him would be to have left myself susceptible to Lazer. So I was engaging, looking for a shot but staying fast to avoid the HO and trying to stay alive while waiting for Lazer to kill him. I recognize that my not shooting Lazer (and announcing that fact) might have been contrary to the rules, so my apologies for any annoyance I caused CM over that.

Eventually Lazer got him but I still had my original advantage, so the round ended pretty quickly. Had things gone as they should have, the original con and I would have duked it out, and the winner would have fought Lazer who by then would have had an energy advantage.

So that's my perspective of what went down. No big deal.

Now for my opinion: Being wabbit sucks. I like KOTH because it's the only venue that promotes 1 on 1s, which is my favourite thing. I am not a fan of the double and triple-teaming that occurs once you've won a couple of rounds. I'd much rather see a rule where no 3rd man in is allowed. Being low-E after a fight is difficult enough to overcome.

I'm not lobbying for a rule change. I get why it is what it is. I'm just complaining and making excuses for why I can never win  :neener:

Thanks again for hosting, Fuzeman. I'll definitely be able to show up more often if the 7pm ET timeslot sticks.

Simon