Author Topic: Shooting through buildings  (Read 739 times)

Offline BaronVonDeath

• Zinc Member
Shooting through buildings
« on: July 04, 2020, 12:32:28 PM »
I was hiding behind buildings and was shot again through them. I recently started auto videoing every sortie. When I watched the attached video I jumped in HOAGI's tank and saw myself driving around behind the buildings and he was shooting at me.
Is this normal for video play back or is this a hack? I hear you can download hacks to see through buildings, is that true?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Shooting through buildings
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 03:06:44 PM »
I was hiding behind buildings and was shot again through them. I recently started auto videoing every sortie. When I watched the attached video I jumped in HOAGI's tank and saw myself driving around behind the buildings and he was shooting at me.
Is this normal for video play back or is this a hack? I hear you can download hacks to see through buildings, is that true?

Heard where? Voices in own head doesn't count. ;)

Offline BaronVonDeath

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 03:41:26 PM »
EVGA Overclocking app   ... EVGA Precision XOC V6.2.7   I looked it up but it warns it could harm your system. I'm not taking any chances to cheat this game. Love it to much.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 03:46:26 PM »

First off, if you think a player is doing something they shouldn't be able to do, email HTC and send them the film, you shouldn't bring it to the boards.

Second, there are no "hacks" for AH. HTC uses some very strong software to catch any types of attacks.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 05:14:29 PM »
It's an 88 Magnum. It shoots through schools!

Movie reference

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline BaronVonDeath

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 09:14:12 AM »
First off, if you think a player is doing something they shouldn't be able to do, email HTC and send them the film, you shouldn't bring it to the boards.

Second, there are no "hacks" for AH. HTC uses some very strong software to catch any types of attacks.

Well, why not post it here for all to see the issue "EVERYONE" complains about? I don't know if it's a hack or not, I don't watch a lot of gv films. I wanted the opinion of others not Hitech.
"EVERYONE" also complains that HT doesn't do anything about it? Again, I don't know, I've never reported anything like this.   

Offline mikeWe9a

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 11:07:10 AM »
Well, why not post it here for all to see the issue "EVERYONE" complains about? I don't know if it's a hack or not, I don't watch a lot of gv films. I wanted the opinion of others not Hitech.
"EVERYONE" also complains that HT doesn't do anything about it? Again, I don't know, I've never reported anything like this.

The answer to "why not" is that by asking if it is a hack, some people might infer that you are suggesting that someone is cheating.  Making an accusation of cheating is specifically a violation of the posting rules for the forum (Rule 7, posted in the pinned thread at the top of the general discussion sub-forum.  "7- Cheating allegations or descriptions are not allowed. Email support@hitechcreations.com to report any issues regarding this.").

Also, the fact that the replay shows that he could see your tank indicates that no cheat is needed - the replay is generated (IIRC) by the game client as if you were actually playing the game, so your program is showing that you were visible from his position using the standard client.

Mike
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 11:08:59 AM by mikeWe9a »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 12:15:00 PM »

1. You are the first player I've seen make this complaint on the forum.

2. You then claim it's a hack and reveal how you think it is accomplished (via a source that says overclocking is the culprit). Then later admit you don't know if your claim is actually true.

3. There is an AHBB rule against this and a description of how it should be handled (discretion is the best way to assure lack of wide spread cheating in case your complaint bears merit).

4. Who do you imagine on the forum could fix this for Hitech?!

Offline BaronVonDeath

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 09:02:27 PM »
Well, interesting replies, thanks. But still no answer on the video? I guess HT will decide. I still just want to know if it's a normal video? Yes or No simple answer.

Offline BaronVonDeath

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 09:04:57 PM »
OH, and I posted it on tech support because it's a tech support question . If I wanted to call out HOAGI for cheating I'd post it in the general not here.