Author Topic: Wireless Headset Recommendations  (Read 1539 times)

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
Wireless Headset Recommendations
« on: July 06, 2020, 12:42:13 PM »
What are you using?  Pros and Cons please.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Wireless Headset Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 12:54:08 PM »
I use a Logitech G933. If you catch it on sale it is quite a good deal, usually it runs on sale...

Pros:
Great 'surround' sound with pretty good bass. I'm not much of an audiophile but I was very surprised.
'Flip up' mic that mutes when you flip it up, pull down and it un-mutes. Nice feature if you use voice activation. Mic sound is good quality.
Battery life is pretty good. Mine is a year or two old now and will still last 8-12 hours of constant use. I turn off all the lights on it and stuff.

Cons:
A bit heavy, I might periodically adjust it on my head through long sessions.
Sometimes the headset/software gets a bit wonky (eg G Suite software won't load up at startup sometimes, therefore headset acts dumb and won't unmute mic, stuff like that)...easy fix but you'll rack your brain for a few minutes figuring out what the hell the deal is.

All in all the next time I have to buy I may look around as I think there are some other options out there now. At the time it was pretty much this one or a Corsair wireless one. I think steelseries has one now, the Arctis or something. I'd recommend this one though.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 01:44:09 PM »
Logitech G635 wireless. Great sound for gaming. Flip up mic and it is hidden in headset and muted. Pull down to unmute. Controllable lighting if you are into that. Large but comfortable.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SIM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 05:24:09 PM »
What about earbuds? I have a couple of different sets that I use online and they seem to work well. To me, they are much more comfortable than headphones.

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 09:58:23 PM »
I have a Razer Chimeara Wireless (RF) Gaming headset. I would buy another one if they still made it.

What I like.

Wireless with no noticeable lag.
Anolog input/output so it uses your sound card. (I have the Sound Blaster z with 600 Ohm Dedicated Headphone Amplifier)
Uses 2 AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries.
Base Station functions as a charging station.
Better sound Quality than my Acoustic Research AW771
Has a microphone that works well wireless.

What I don't Like

Not as high quality sound (Headphone and Mic) as my HyperX Cloud Alpha's
Heavier than my HyperX Cloud Alpha's
Not as Comfortable as my Cloud Alpha's I can only wear them for about 6 to 8 hours before I start getting hot/sore spots.
They don't make it anymore - The closest thing to a replacement would be the SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Gaming Headset which cost more than twice what my Razer Chimeara cost.

Thankfully my Razer Chimeara still works ... for now (I think I have had these for more than 10 years)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 10:03:40 PM by Mayhem »
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 12:17:44 PM »
Thanks all for your comments and suggestions.  Sim suggested earbuds.  That peaked my interest because I already have them and they work very well with my iPhone music.  I did try pairing with my W10 pc Bluetooth menu but, the pc couldn’t detect my earbuds when in pairing mode.  Do I need some sort of widget plugged into my pc USB port?  I freely admit that I don’t know what I don’t know.  So, suggestions are most welcome.

I’ve used the pc speakers for years but, sometimes wife ack doesn’t like the constant explosions, airplanes, and commentary roaring about the house.  So, I’m considering something less invasive for the house interior.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 12:50:41 PM »
Depends if your pc has bluetooth. If it doesn't, there are dongles you can buy for sub $20 that would work I imagine.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2020, 03:07:03 PM »
Also it is iphone buds. Iphone is known for not letting their users take advantage of all available assets. It may be something to do with that.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2020, 03:16:02 PM »
Also it is iphone buds. Iphone is known for not letting their users take advantage of all available assets. It may be something to do with that.

I don’t have iPhone buds.  So, that’s one issue aside.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2020, 03:21:17 PM »
I don’t have iPhone buds.  So, that’s one issue aside.

Ahhh ok.. I saw iphone and it was in relation to the music... not the buds.  I request a go around.  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SIM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2020, 03:24:03 PM »
Puma,
 Try going into Device Manager and look to see if Bluetooth is listed there. On this W10 machine it is the second or third entry on Device Manager. If you dont see it, a dongle is probably needed.

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2020, 05:47:12 PM »
Ahhh ok.. I saw iphone and it was in relation to the music... not the buds.  I request a go around.  :D

On short final, go around!

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2020, 05:47:52 PM »
Puma,
 Try going into Device Manager and look to see if Bluetooth is listed there. On this W10 machine it is the second or third entry on Device Manager. If you dont see it, a dongle is probably needed.

Thanks SIM, I’ll take a look.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2020, 06:01:07 PM »
Gamecom 818 serves me well but it seems sold out everywhere (perhaps no longer made).

https://gamecrate.com/reviews/review-plantronics-gamecom-818-gaming-headset/12422

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2020, 07:16:14 PM »
What's your budget Puma?  If you want some good quality wireless PC gaming headsets, the Sennheiser 670 or 370 (I have the cheaper 370) are really good.  I've been using Astro's headsets for years now for my wired headset, the A40, and the A50 wireless variant is really, really good as well, but isn't cheap.  I think you can find the Senn 370 for about $150 USD, the A50 is about double that.  Astros are very, very tough, solid construction, which is why I like them.  Years of things going bang next to my head have ruled me out so far as a judge of high quality sound, but depending on what you use to drive either the Senns or the Astros (sound card/DAC/etc), they turn up real loud.

https://www.eposaudio.com/en/ca/gaming/products/gsp-370-c15924a5-low-latency-connection-gaming-headset-1000231

https://www.astrogaming.com/en-ca/products/headsets/pc-mac/a50-gen-4.html#939-001680