Author Topic: Plane rolls left when I pull back on stick  (Read 4240 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Plane rolls left when I pull back on stick
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2020, 05:44:21 AM »
OK, try this.

Load the game and select "offline practice"

On the clipboard goto "preferences/flight"

Check the boxes in the second column that say "Pitch ladder" and Control Pos" and click OK to save it.

Jump in a plane, before you take off select "preferences/UI". This will put a box around everything on the screen you can move. Move the Control Pos box to an area you can easily keep an eye on it. Click ok when your done.

Launch and get your speed up and do the moves that are giving you trouble. Using the control position box you should be able to see all stick and rudder movements to help determine what is giving you trouble.

(Image removed from quote.)

Give it a try and lets us know what you find. You could also film the test and post that here for the guys to check it out and maybe spot something your missing.

Good Luck!

I recommend Fugi's above advice including filming and posting the film (actual game film not a video)

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2020, 12:06:34 AM »
Fixed? Not Fixed?
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Zambelli

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2020, 09:56:44 PM »
Sorry folks.  I have been sick and out of commission a few weeks.  Just got a brand new computer. Installed game.  Same issue.  Recording my flight doesnt show the control position box on play back.  I took a shaky cell video of monitor.  Will try to post on AH FB page.
Zambelli
Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Zambelli

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2020, 09:59:08 PM »
Never mind.... Groups are apparently all closed.  If someone pm a cell number.... I can try text video to ya.
Zambelli
Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2020, 03:49:46 AM »
oboe posted this image on the first page. This is for reference.

Take a screen-shot of this on your rig and put it where you can find it easily, preferably as a .jpg exported from msPaint, but the bmp will work.

Then start a new post, look below your forum posting text edit box for the link/button "Attachments and other options".
Click on it.
Scroll down if necessary to Attach: Browse... and browse to the image on your machine. Notice all the file types supported in this forum while you're at it.

Post your screen shot.

You didn't say if you followed Fugitive's suggestion and what it showed you.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 03:51:25 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Zambelli

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2020, 05:23:28 AM »
That is exactly what I was talking about.  I have cell phone video showing control position box.  Stick is perfectly centered and all the way back.  Plane rolls out of control.  I want someone to look at that video
Zambelli
Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2020, 05:27:18 AM »
Are you saying you followed none of the suggestions offered in this thread? It isn't clear to me.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2020, 05:53:40 AM »
If you are flying with sufficient forward speed I would expect the aircraft to 'snap' as you describe it with full elevator input.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Zambelli

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2020, 06:46:05 AM »
Oh my God!!!!!!    I did exactly as fugitive said.  In flight recording does not show the box.  I took a cell phone video of the monitor as a work around.  It shows the stick all the way down (back) and perfectly centered. 

What I am asking for is to let me email or text this video to someone who knows what they are doing to review it.  I don't understand why that is not clear. 

Frustration level from 1-10:   4,000,000,000,000,000,000.2
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 06:47:53 AM by Zambelli »
Zambelli
Jagdgeschwader 11

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2020, 08:16:31 AM »
  It shows the stick all the way down (back) and perfectly centered. 

Are we absolutely certain it is not an aircraft specific torque issue?
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2020, 08:27:59 AM »
Sorry about your illness and hope you are feeling better, Zambelli. 

A cellphone video *might* help, but go ahead and post that .ahf film of your flight here.    Everyone on the board can download it and look at it, and I think that allows reviewers to see engine settings and airspeed as you fly.

You've ruled out computer hardware by getting a new computer.  Ruled out problems with the stick by performing the tests both I and Fugitive described, and noting proper behavior of the stick in both tests, and by trying a different stick.   You've ruled out problems with the game installation by re-installing the game on your old computer, and by installing a fresh copy of the game on your new computer. 

Ruling out all these other factors, it sounds like you could be experiencing an accelerated stall.   The ahf should help someone figure out whats going on.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 08:31:27 AM by oboe »

Offline Zambelli

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2020, 08:56:20 AM »

Are we absolutely certain it is not an aircraft specific torque issue?

It happens in spits

It happens in 109s

It happens in 190s

It.happens in P51s

Haven't tried every plane but...

Yes... I'm sure its not aircraft specific
Zambelli
Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Zambelli

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2020, 08:58:19 AM »
Ok will post the original in flight film.

How do I do that?
Zambelli
Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2020, 09:04:30 AM »
Very easy to do - click the "Attachments and other options" link below the text box when creating a new post.

Clcik "Choose File" and and find your .ahf film and select it.  The click "Post".

I can't recall offhand where the films are stored, but its somewhere in the game's installation folders.  Sorry I'm not at my game computer atm.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2020, 09:06:16 AM »
C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High III\films

While I'm at it.
C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High III\scrshot
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 09:07:52 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001