Author Topic: Tempest virtual cockpit missing and VR controller question.  (Read 699 times)

Offline DubDubz

• Zinc Member
Just wondering if a fix is coming soon for the Tempest with no virtual throttle or stick in cockpit? Also are there any more plans for more controllable surfaces in the virtual cockpit such such flaps, landing gear, Bomb release or such?? Maybe a couple simple ones can be implemented.

Offline Scorchdraken

• Zinc Member
Re: Tempest virtual cockpit missing and VR controller question.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 06:36:36 PM »
To be honest, your best bet is to use keyboard and joystick. I have the Rift S and loathe the vr controls use in game, so I went back to using the controls I had before vr. It takes some getting used to with the headset on, but it isn't impossible to do.

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 09:55:49 AM »
To be honest, your best bet is to use keyboard and joystick. I have the Rift S and loathe the vr controls use in game, so I went back to using the controls I had before vr. It takes some getting used to with the headset on, but it isn't impossible to do.

Same here. While it is cool to be able to grab the controls, not having any force feedback was not a good experience and my X-52 has many more buttons to map things to so I'm not hunting for the keyboard so much.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 09:57:59 AM »
I think the Tempest's 3D model is 20 years old and the final from AH1, never fear I'm sure it's soon to be updated.
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 10:55:25 AM »
We will not be adding controls to the current tempest. It is the last model that needs to be updated. Until that happens there will not be any changes to it.

HiTech

Offline DubDubz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 01:43:32 PM »
I hope the Tempest model is fixed soon would love get out there and dominate in that thing but I've been flying with my virtual controllers for over a year now I will never fly without, between my pedals the buttkicker VR and the VR headset it's totally immersive, I Don't Need force feedback back when I feel like I am in the plane I also have up to 20 different buttons I can set with my Oculus touch controllers the S controllers are missing a few, recently I put the order in for the YAW VR motion simulator which will advance the immersion Factor by 10,  let's just hope I can get the thing to work..

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 11:54:31 AM »
We will not be adding controls to the current tempest. It is the last model that needs to be updated. Until that happens there will not be any changes to it.

HiTech

HiTech,

Thanks for acknowledging the Tempest model! I just posted in the Wishlist forum earlier today on that topic. It's been an early fave plane in real-life and AH, and with my soon-to-be shift to VR I'm really looking forward to the immersion factor in this puppy! Thanks again for status.
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI