Author Topic: Audio Announcement When War Won  (Read 928 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
Audio Announcement When War Won
« on: July 14, 2020, 10:01:29 PM »
We were in a hard fight to try and take a base, and almost missed the announcement that the war had been won.  With all the extra "X shot down Y" messages, it is easy to miss a text message about a pending terrain change.

I wish there were an audio announcement.  Something like "Attention! The Team has won the war.  The terrain will reset in 5 minutes."  One single audio announcement to all players on all teams.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: Audio Announcement When War Won
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 08:14:05 PM »
I would say this would go well with color coded system messages.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 03:42:32 AM »
LOL......

Lazer, brother, it's already color-coded in Gold ( system messages )

Just saying

Is a good idea though we do have some players (or did have) that are deaf! 

?  Doesn't the arena still give the extra warnings after a country wins the map, showing how many minutes left like it use to?
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 05:42:37 AM »
I can just hear that chap that says "protect our sheep at all cost" in a booming echoing like voice saying...

"Attention all countries of the Solar Federation, attention all countries of the Solar Federation....the Bishops have assumed control, the Bishops have won the war".  :aok

HiTech might sound even better.  :D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 05:46:47 AM by Drane »
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 07:39:41 AM »
I can just hear that chap that says "protect our sheep at all cost" in a booming echoing like voice saying...

"Attention all countries of the Solar Federation, attention all countries of the Solar Federation....the Bishops have assumed control, the Bishops have won the war".  :aok

HiTech might sound even better.  :D

ROTFLMAO

Even better..... the arena can reset and everyone will know. Oh wait, never mind.  :D

Even an announcement might be lost in chatter. Maybe a sound 6 bells? Need something different as if you miss it now you are really not paying attention. Folks are also chattering about it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 01:48:55 PM »
LOL......

Lazer, brother, it's already color-coded in Gold ( system messages )

Just saying

Is a good idea though we do have some players (or did have) that are deaf! 

?  Doesn't the arena still give the extra warnings after a country wins the map, showing how many minutes left like it use to?

Its color coded to system messages, but there are a lot of system messages.  Kills should be a color, kills landed another, destroyed objects another, base takes and war won another.  Each being able to be toggled on and off.  Right now my typical buffer looks like a wall of yellowish system messaged, and the occasional green from country text and 200 mixed in.  My point is, the system message hold a lot of info, and breaking it down further would both look better, and be a solution to people not happy about the kill messages "spam"

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 07:30:25 PM »
Color coding sure would be nice.

Regarding the OP I think they should also announce base captures.

And when people capture a base they should get their name in lights as well. "Noob1 captured A1 for the Knights"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 08:08:43 PM »
think it would be cool to have system messages like war was won or base takes in a different color. those can be combined.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 09:21:24 PM »
My point is, the system message hold a lot of info, and breaking it down further would both look better, and be a solution to people not happy about the kill messages "spam"

Agreed.

- oldman

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2020, 11:10:46 AM »
Color coding sure would be nice.

Regarding the OP I think they should also announce base captures.

And when people capture a base they should get their name in lights as well. "Noob1 captured A1 for the Knights"

So if it took 10 people to take a base, everyone would have to wait for their names in lights to scroll by in the chat buffer...

-1.  Pass

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2020, 11:58:34 AM »
naw i like to take bases incognito

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2020, 02:22:07 PM »
Its color coded to system messages, but there are a lot of system messages.  Kills should be a color, kills landed another, destroyed objects another, base takes and war won another.  Each being able to be toggled on and off.  Right now my typical buffer looks like a wall of yellowish system messaged, and the occasional green from country text and 200 mixed in.  My point is, the system message hold a lot of info, and breaking it down further would both look better, and be a solution to people not happy about the kill messages "spam"

You do have a valid point there.... I completely forgot about HiTech turning the kill messages back on a lil'while back

I agree +1 for different color for Map win message / Arena reset message
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2020, 08:28:12 PM »
So if it took 10 people to take a base, everyone would have to wait for their names in lights to scroll by in the chat buffer...

-1.  Pass

Coogan

What game are you playing? In AH only 1 person gets the credit for a capture.