Author Topic: friendly?  (Read 1461 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: friendly?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2020, 01:50:22 PM »
well can you help me

No, I can't.  Your personality was formed decades ago.  You just are who you are.

Sorry about that.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2020, 02:04:51 PM »
Delivering booze used to be called 'bootlegging' around here. Now it is a necessary service (as it obviously is elsewhere).

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2020, 02:16:53 PM »
so you write born to kill on your helmet and wear a peace symbol, is that some kind of sick joke?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2020, 03:32:12 PM »
I don't get to play as often as I like, but I hardly ever see anyone asking for help, or hardly ever use the help channel, which was a great idea. I dont really understand why. Perhaps some noobs don't know how the radio works. If I do see people asking for help, I normally see people going out of their way to provide suggestions. Honestly, I think more people should ask for help in the game. I rarely see it. Interesting because players will come to the board and complain that the game is too hard to learn, but how many of them consistently asked for help in the MA?

I know when I started, I was asking people tons of questions to learn how to better, rather than get discouraged and leave because everyone was better than me.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 03:34:14 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2020, 06:45:45 PM »
The unfriendliness in the game seems to be migrating here.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2020, 08:38:52 PM »
The unfriendliness in the game seems to be migrating here.

Ignore the purse fight in this thread. 

Like Violator, I haven't observed many noobs asking for help.  But certainly if they do, the rest of us should offer it without any snarkiness.

- oldman

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2020, 02:45:32 AM »
Define Irony...

Original poster asks whether the MA population has too much toxicity for new players to stick around.....Within two posts, a toxic donnybrook breaks out on the message board. :bhead

I've noticed that there is quite a bit of vitriol on country and 200.  Perhaps it was less, a decade ago, perhaps not.  But, the number of people on at a given time has gone down, making those people that stir things up stick out more.  There is a difference between good natured chirping and toxicity, also.  I've helped three or four people do things recently, so maybe there is a bit of influx of newer folks.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2020, 12:34:09 PM »

Much of the problem stems from people changing their online names.     In that, I mean that the general arena population is mighty suspicious of new names being current pilots coming back with a new name and trying to fool them.   

Another issue is new people doing zero setup or learning of the sim and expecting the red carpet rolled out to ridiculous questions like......"how do I fly" and then "how do I take off" and then "how do I change a field".     

Don't blame the game, blame the playa.

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2020, 01:53:23 PM »
Delivering booze used to be called 'bootlegging' around here. Now it is a necessary service (as it obviously is elsewhere).
:rofl
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2020, 07:58:51 PM »
so you write born to kill on your helmet and wear a peace symbol, is that some kind of sick joke?

semp

The duality of man. The Jungian thing, sir.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2020, 08:06:00 PM »

Offline Scared

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2020, 03:23:18 PM »
Much of the problem stems from people changing their online names.     In that, I mean that the general arena population is mighty suspicious of new names being current pilots coming back with a new name and trying to fool them.   

yeah I get ya. I am guilty of that too. I was Scared...then Zapkin...and now JimLahey. I think I am gonna keep this handle as I am starting to get to know and really like some of the folks I am flying with. <S> all and thanks for posting.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2020, 08:44:06 AM »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2020, 06:32:04 AM »
I miss Monty Pythons flying circus.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood