Author Topic: Maps are way too big  (Read 9841 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Maps are way too big
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2020, 04:47:43 PM »
And others ASSume the post count says it all

Well you should not ASSume that.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2020, 07:44:16 PM »
And others ASSume the post count says it all

Whoaaaaaaaaa...I see what you did there :old:

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2020, 08:44:18 PM »

What was the game?
You said company that deals with the public, not game.

Still waiting on a reply to this.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2020, 09:38:18 PM »
You said company that deals with the public, not game.

Still waiting on a reply to this.

If a person thinks a grocery store would compare.... i feel sorry for them.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2020, 09:41:45 PM »
If a person thinks a grocery store would compare.... i feel sorry for them.
It fits your bill of owning a business and dealing with the public, no need to back pedal now.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2020, 09:45:51 PM »
It fits your bill of owning a business and dealing with the public, no need to back pedal now.

No back pedaling here... am I not dealing with intelligent folks? Do I have to spell out every detail? I think not.....
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2020, 09:49:36 PM »
I'm wondering, what is the OPs definition of 'way'? is it 100% to big, a billion times to big, the mother of all biggness to big?
How much does a 'way' weigh also?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2020, 10:34:18 PM »
am I not dealing with intelligent folks?
No, not here.

FlyKommando.com

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2020, 04:21:49 AM »
I would also like to see Shuffler expand on his thought. I'm intrigued
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2020, 02:02:46 PM »
pRon websites have a huge clientele that either like the perversion offered or will go to a different pRon site that offers what more precisely gets them off. There's no 'change what we offer' to lure more clientele at the expense of their current clientele. Just think of Aces High as a specific type of pRon.  Sheep pRon, if you will. It doesn't need to cater to foot fetishism. :D

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2020, 11:41:25 AM »
Actually Shuffler, 30 years in a business that requires intense interaction with the public every day. And I don't see how pointing out that rules that try to force everyone to fly and fight a certain way is me wanting it only my way - I'd think it was pretty clear that I was arguing for allowing as many people play the game in as many different ways as they'd like. So, let's see, you made an assumption or two. You also missed the point of the entire thread - people who want to see the game succeed and remain viable and recognize that something must be done to ensure that happens.

Now you have me very curious, exactly what type of game play do I try force on threw the rules?

HiTech

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2020, 09:26:33 AM »
Now you have me very curious, exactly what type of game play do I try force on threw the rules?

HiTech
i think it is the more unspoken rules.  ie distance of bases, lethality of ack, all seeing dar for gvs and planes. the fact this game allows people to sit in the tower for hours upon hours all while skewing game play for the others in the game.  the inability to switch sides for fight in less than 6 hrs when the tides of the game change every few hours. 
i mean lets admit it.  i have never seen a strat runner (primary thing they do when playing) log on and say "i am logging off for good because there is no one to fight at 30k"  but it seems every week or so there is a "fur baller" retiring their account due to lack of action.  i have yet to see one of the guys that sits 4k away in a tank picking off others complain other than about the gv dar, which doesnt really work .  Strat runners never complain as they can fly at 30k alt and pin point drop a bomb on a smoke stack at a strat (usually to the lowered number side so they can be steamed rolled by the ineffective eny strategy that does not work).
maybe it is more the game play that you DONT try to make us play?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2020, 10:08:01 AM »
This guy missed the folks coming back and some new ones who joined. Maybe he is not in the game.... I don't know.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2020, 10:25:07 AM »
i have yet to log in and find no action flippz.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2020, 02:26:43 AM »
Yet again I agree with flippz.

Hitech your application or non application of something in the game impacts game play.  Whilst 'forces' may be too strong a word it can certainly guide the gameplay.  Of course you are in a difficult position because not everyone is going to like the direction you guide the game.

In this discussion, which has been had over and over and over before, your use of large maps with 'long' times to combat due to base spacing combined with dropping participation numbers is not attractive to players like me who really only want to furball and so it is a major reason why so many players who preferred that style no longer play.

Question is what is 'long' and how long is too long?  I agree with Tongs, radar rings touching or nearly touching with supporting bases in depth were areas where I had most fun.  The map with the large estuaries and spread out bases was almost certain to see me log out.