Author Topic: How about a bone for the old Dogs  (Read 2526 times)

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
How about a bone for the old Dogs
« on: July 19, 2020, 09:46:57 AM »
Dale its been years since we have seen new aircraft.  the terrain stuff is amazing along with Vr but how about a new toy.
the past has shown in my opinion to generate new interest with every addition..

just a thought
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: How about a bone for the old Dogs
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 10:15:54 AM »
+1, just curious, I can't recall what the last new unit added to AH was.   Was it the battleship?   

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 10:19:51 AM »
the past has shown in my opinion to generate new interest with every addition..

I'm just curious...do you mean new customers? Or more hours played by existing customers?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 11:31:33 AM »
+1, just curious, I can't recall what the last new unit added to AH was.   Was it the battleship?

Can't tell right now when the battleship was added, but the last pilotable object added was the Tu-2 in tour 168 (jan 2014).
Last fighters (Yak-3 and Yak7b) as well as the last vehicles (the German Jagdpanzer trio) were all added six months earlier, tour 162 (jun 2013)
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 11:58:40 AM »
Yea! Bf 110F!
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2020, 01:06:02 PM »
Yea! Bf 110F!

Easy enough to make by mixing the shapes of the existing C and G models. Not sure what performance data HTC would need.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2020, 02:56:26 PM »
Can't tell right now when the battleship was added, but the last pilotable object added was the Tu-2 in tour 168 (jan 2014).
Last fighters (Yak-3 and Yak7b) as well as the last vehicles (the German Jagdpanzer trio) were all added six months earlier, tour 162 (jun 2013)

Thanks, Lusche.   More than 6 yrs ago?   Wow, that's a long long time ago.   Hope HTC can find a way to finally update the Tempest and introduce something new too.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2020, 05:18:25 PM »
It has been awhile and the natives are getting wrestless.

RDR2's last update was 6 months back and they are going bonkers over there. Online folks are dressing up like clowns on some of the servers.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2020, 06:08:28 PM »
IF mix and match is ok then how bout a P47D22 or D23 Razorback with the same performance and hard points of the D-25 so they could mix and match the squadrons in the events arenas?  The 9th AF ground attack and PTO/CBI Jugs included lots of those birds.

And on top of that how bout adding the original canopy to the P51B/C  call it the 51B designation so the skins can be done that are accurate for the 'coffin hood' canopy 51s, use the P51C designation for the Malcom Hood version so those skins could be accurate.  Again for the mix and match of events and being able to 'climb in' to an accurate historically skinned version?  Yes I know both the 51B and C had both canopy types.  By separating them by B and C it would allow the additional slots and separate the canopy types.

Add a Spitfire LFVc with the added engine performance to make it fit better into the events time frames of 42-44 as the Spit Vb we have now is flying in 42-44 events in the lesser powered variant against the LW then it would have had.  The additional ammo the Vc carried would help as well and make it easier to represent the Malta Spits, the RAAF Spit Vcs and the CBI Vcs as Vbs did not go overseas to the PTO or CBI

Add the Me109E-7 with the DT/Bomb carrying capability and increased engine performance that would fit so well in the Desert air war, the early battle over France when the RAF started coming across in 41 and the Balkans and Russian front where they saw lots of action as fighter bombers.  The added performance would help spread the wealth in events too.

Graft the glass nose of the B25C/D onto the B25H so the B25 crowd can have a B25J and quit panicking about firepower on the glass nose version for events. That or modify the early version to allow for single tail gun 50s and additional 50s out the two side windows near the back so they will consider using them in events.

Just for fun add the Hawk 75/P36  as it was used from 40-44 all over the place whether it be the Finns, the French, or the Brits in the CBI into 44.  The early war events would benefit.

Finally throw in the Beaufighter VI or X as a new aircraft, so that the bird that was involved from 40-45 and all over the ETO/MTO/CBI/PTO would be available.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 06:25:42 PM by Guppy35 »
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2020, 09:46:10 PM »
yes please
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2020, 11:21:47 PM »
FSO/Scenario wise, Beaufighter is wanted, but not needed.

Japan could use more aircraft in general: D4Y, B6N, Ki-45, J2M.

Italy also needs some love: C.200, SM.79, Z.1007, CR.42.

Would need to add the Gladiator as a counter to the CR.42 of course, for that early Africa Campaign. :)

These would allow for a more proper Pacific and Africa FSO/Scenario setups.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not against the addition of the Beau one bit.  I believe it should come after Japan and Italy have much better presence in the game, especially in FSO and Scenario.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline trap78

• AvA Staff Member
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2020, 08:49:17 PM »
This:
And on top of that how bout adding the original canopy to the P51B/C  call it the 51B designation so the skins can be done that are accurate for the 'coffin hood' canopy 51s, use the P51C designation for the Malcom Hood version so those skins could be accurate.  Again for the mix and match of events and being able to 'climb in' to an accurate historically skinned version?  Yes I know both the 51B and C had both canopy types.  By separating them by B and C it would allow the additional slots and separate the canopy types...

I wasn't in the game when the 51B came out, but I've been told that originally it did have the birdcage canopy and then was replaced by the Malcom Hood version. If this is true, could it be simply put back into the game alongside the MH model?

And this:
Just for fun add the Hawk 75/P36...

And finally:

Italy also needs some love: C.200, SM.79, Z.1007, CR.42.

Would need to add the Gladiator as a counter to the CR.42 of course, for that early Africa Campaign. :)

The Gladiator and CR.42 were the apex of biplane technology and would make for great fights! If you enjoy flying the WWI planes, you'll love these. The C.200 vs Hurri I would also offer excellent jousting. Throw in the Hawk 75 for good measure and you'd have all kinds of fun. As for new aircraft the Beaufighter of course and how about the P-51A; an original Allison variant of this legendary fighter.

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2020, 09:06:55 PM »
What guppy said.

Thanks
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline Scared

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2020, 01:40:43 AM »
i think it is pretty clear that they have lost interest. its sad, but that is the way she goes boys.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2020, 01:51:17 AM »
HECK YEAH!!! To all these Model Tweaks/New Additions! Guys...come to a consensus   on 3 or 4....and I will supply the ("For Bribes") Scotch, to get it started! Skuzzy might be Un-Retarded(un retired...as long as he doesnt trip over the power cord again🤣) to help Dale...eh consume the "spoils"? On 1 condition....Start with Tempest Fine Tuning/Tweaking lol in VR... :aok CHIT!!! 50 Gallon Barrel Just for Dale???? I got it covered :D
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 02:01:31 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain