Author Topic: How about a bone for the old Dogs  (Read 2493 times)

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Re: How about a bone for the old Dogs
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2020, 06:39:26 AM »
Maybe it would be an good idea to open up AH for mod support, getting the community to help out with creating all sorts of content, then HTC just could do quality controll of the content created by the community.

But maybe the game engine is just too complicated for that, but alot of other games do this, and they benefit greatly from it.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2020, 01:40:07 PM »
At least a new plane would make the ones playing now happy.   hummm….. the Fiat G55 serie 1 would be a great place to start.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2020, 04:10:08 PM »
+1  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2020, 11:30:55 AM »
i think it is pretty clear that they have lost interest. its sad, but that is the way she goes boys.
Who is "they" ?

HiTech

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2020, 01:33:11 AM »
Who is "they" ?

HiTech

Maybe he was going for Royal We (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_we), your majesty ? ;)

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2020, 04:41:48 AM »
I have posted about this before, but more variants of existing birds (read 3d) would add quite some to the game.
More p47 variants
Bf109 AS variants, E7
Fw190a6 FW190a9
Mosquito variants etc etc
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2020, 06:02:15 AM »
Maybe he was going for Royal We (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_we), your majesty ? ;)

We are not amused

:D
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2020, 08:57:04 AM »
I have posted about this before, but more variants of existing birds (read 3d) would add quite some to the game.
More p47 variants
Bf109 AS variants, E7
Fw190a6 FW190a9
Mosquito variants etc etc

Which one of those would put 300 new players back in the arena?  We should do that one first.

Personally, I think it is the 190a6.  If we just added the 190a6 the game would totally turn around.  I suspect there are literally thousands of potential customers out there just waiting for us to add the 190a6 before they open an account.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 09:22:53 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2020, 10:36:51 AM »
Which one of those would put 300 new players back in the arena?  We should do that one first.

Personally, I think it is the 190a6.  If we just added the 190a6 the game would totally turn around.  I suspect there are literally thousands of potential customers out there just waiting for us to add the 190a6 before they open an account.

For new planes, 190D11 or G.55 mk2 or gtfo. ;)

I still think they should fix the Temp before going on to new planes.  Just MHO.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2020, 01:09:24 PM »
I think there are plenty of planes

Lack of planes is not the issue ..

it is a lack of pilots

Even have enough pilots now if the maps were downsized to fit or AI filled in the gaps

Best times in AH require only one other aircraft flown by a decent stick who wants to fight.

The rest is noise....

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2020, 02:31:41 PM »
I think there are plenty of planes

Lack of planes is not the issue ..

it is a lack of pilots

Even have enough pilots now if the maps were downsized to fit or AI filled in the gaps

Best times in AH require only one other aircraft flown by a decent stick who wants to fight.

The rest is noise....

<S>

Eagler

You could add all the planes and maps in the world, and it isnt a fix for what is going on in the Melee arena these days.  The maps might help some, but any plane added would likely sit in the hangar behind the top 5 in the game. 

If you log into the arena nightly like i usually do, and look at ALL sides of the map, you will see the problem.

2 countries is what fixes this.  Two countries, short switch time, and smaller maps is what fixes the problem this game is having.  When and if the numbers climb again, switch content back to what supports it.

I forgot to add the tweaking of ENY and perk systems, along with disabling base resupply to a set time after a base is captured, not as a defensive tactic. Strat supply should be disabled as a whole as far as gvs spawning in to do it.  Fly a goon, sure, but for me to spend an hour plus hitting a strat, to have a pile of resuppliers sitting there waiting is ridiculous.

All these "features" that have been added through the years, are the rules that dictate this game, and the way its played.  The way its played is going to reflect peoples overall experience here.

These are just my opinions.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 02:50:03 PM by Lazerr »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2020, 02:34:56 PM »
2 countries is what fixes this.  Two countries, short switch time, and smaller maps is what fixes the problem this game is having.  When and if the numbers climb again, switch content back to what supports it.

You know they used to burn heretics.  ;)
 :bolt:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 02:37:16 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2020, 02:41:14 PM »
You know they used to burn heretics.  ;)
 :bolt:

Im waiting for someone to tell me this was tried before... im curious if it was in combination of ENY.

No axis vs allied arena doesnt count, its a different beast.

I just figured id save the small handful the response.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2020, 02:51:31 PM »
well you wanna test it. simple prove hitech wrong, pack the ava. pretty sure this in charge there can set it up anyway you want, they have done it before and they can do it again.

imagine only 2 countries and you can change at will. prove hitech wrong.  i challenge you. do it. let's all those who think this will work pack the ava. hell i bet even hitech will change the arena name to 2 country war.

prove your point. make hitech see how he's been wrong all this time.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2020, 02:53:42 PM »
Im waiting for someone to tell me this was tried before... im curious if it was in combination of ENY.

No axis vs allied arena doesnt count, its a different beast.

I just figured id save the small handful the response.

You forgot, "Stop trying to tell Hitech how to run his business!"

Sadly, the argument I do accept is maybe the assumption of 3 sides is so embedded in the code across modules that it would be infeasible to disentangle it and implement 2-side logic without unacceptable risk and effort.  I could believe that to be the case.  I've worked on projects where base assumptions we made that paint them into a corner.  Sometimes you can't imagine at the start you'd ever want it any other way.

Regards of the fact that Hitech wouldn't want it any other way anyway.  :D