Author Topic: The future of the game: let's help write it  (Read 12787 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: The future of the game: let's help write it
« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2020, 04:10:37 PM »
Fugitive that old timer could have been in a fight within 2 minutes of taking off.  we had been there for a couple of hours, tanks, bombers,  fighters.  but my guess is that he just wanted to complain.

as for last night, i got killed over 5 different bases on both bishops and rook fronts and that was with only 15 players.

so I don't know what else to say about the lack of fights.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2020, 09:53:41 PM »
I will take good fights over piles of kills any day.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: August 10, 2020, 12:19:47 PM »
Crazy to think that in tour 82, I had an 18 K/H and that was #13 ranked. 50,000 points was a #108 rank.

Shows just how much quicker it was to get into action and find kills.

Nowadays you just get jumped by 6 yak3s as soon as you engage anything.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #183 on: August 10, 2020, 12:35:44 PM »
Crazy to think that in tour 82, I had an 18 K/H and that was #13 ranked. 50,000 points was a #108 rank.

Shows just how much quicker it was to get into action and find kills.

Nowadays you just get jumped by 6 yak3s as soon as you engage anything.

LOL there are a lot of tiny yaks with wings that do not snap.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline kavo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #184 on: August 10, 2020, 01:31:40 PM »
the problem for aces high is it stood still.... has not developed. yes its a fun game however the character of the players is the overriding factor that has kept me playing,albeit less these days. i felt i needed a break from it as i was bored with the repetative nature of the game .
simple fact is that i see aces high as having vast potential but desperately needs to move forward to keep pace with the now many competitors  . it is a great flight sim and vr is excellent for those that use it ,but its the lack of imagination in the scenarios and the huge amount of time playing with no action whatsoever especially as a gv driver.
the graphics are now dated and poor quality by comparison to competitors .....
but for all these issues i still have a soft spot for it.

recently my head has been turned to other games and i question why i remain. i pay the occasional visit still,hoping to catch up with squaddies more than actually playing.
 i want ah3 to change , have decent maps,different targets ,(not just towns and ports) . different layouts. trees that collapse,walls ,hedges, buildings that can be driven into like in ah2...commandos like warbirds had.
im currently playing in  tanks that require 3 players to drive and operate which gives a whole new dimension and co operation as well as realism. 
ah also needs anti cheat software.

dont shun the other games...learn from them and build ah3..better!

Offline Propilot

• Zinc Member
« Reply #185 on: August 10, 2020, 01:33:38 PM »
Read my post—I’d like to see what you think about my ideas to improve the game!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #186 on: August 10, 2020, 03:08:33 PM »
What about going back to its roots?

Air to air combat!!

Forget gv, ships, ack and base capture..

<S>

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Propilot

• Zinc Member
« Reply #187 on: August 10, 2020, 03:10:27 PM »
I think a lot of people would be very upset if all that stuff was taken away. It’d be a lot of resources and time wasted putting those features in the game, only to take them out later. Air to air combat only is addressed with the custom and dueling arena anyways

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #188 on: August 10, 2020, 03:15:17 PM »

Air to air combat!!

Recommending addition by subtraction isn't new on the forum but it is just as irrational as it ever was.  :old:

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: August 10, 2020, 03:19:35 PM »

Air to air combat!!

<S>

Eagler

That's called Match Play Arena.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #190 on: August 10, 2020, 03:24:06 PM »
It's not 'what needs adding' or 'what needs to be taken away' that's the issue, imo. How about just what needs finishing (for now)?  :cheers:

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #191 on: August 10, 2020, 03:27:00 PM »
That's called Match Play Arena.

....and Monday Night Madness in the AvA every week.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #192 on: August 10, 2020, 03:42:21 PM »

I went back and reread your post, ProPilot, and from my viewpoint, you missed a few things.

Base capture you feel is an important part of the game.  For some people, yes, for others, not in the least.
You said base captures should require teamwork........again, for some yes, others, no.
Right now, and for a long time now, base captures can be accomplished quite easily, IMO, too easily.
All that is required is to spawn a GV or two, roll towards the town, take out the town guns, blow up a few buildings, and base capture complete.  What makes it too easy in my opinion is that the GV are all but invisible due to the overgrowth of vegetation and the ridiculous icon range.  I don't know how many bases I've seen lost purely because the defenders could not see the GV's, even when they were right over them.
Keep in mind that this is my perspective and opinion only, I speak for myself alone.  Different folks want to see different things in the game, thus the varied responses.
Like Eagler, I would be fine with the game going back to it's roots, being focused on air to air. I don't want to see the ground side cancelled out completely, however, as there were tanks and such from the early days, too.
What would interesting to try, thought it would require quite a bit of adjustment, would be change the spawn points.  Vbase to vbase or ports only. The GV crowd has been resistant to discussion of changing the icon ranges, so my thought is let them play among themselves.  Several have expressed that they don't do well in planes, so they do GV's.  Some of us don't do well in GV's, we prefer aircraft.  Their crutch of near invisibility via trees and reduced icons gives them an unfair (again, my opinion) advantage in the game.  Checked last tour's stats, at one time a few of them had 34:1 k/d ratios........that levelled down to around 24:1 by tour's end. 
Like I told HT the other day, I would never load a bomb on my plane, rarely did in the early days, if I didn't have to deal with GV's spawning in instantly from miles away. I would be glad to let them have their fun, leave me alone to have my fun, if they stayed away from air bases. ND Isles was a perfect example this past weekend.  Tons of air battles, didn't have to concern myself losing a base to a GV spawning from several sectors away across bodies of water.  It was like the old days, with fewer numbers.  ND Isles has the GV playground in the middle, and while they can spawn to other bases, it's not across water to another land mass. 
No matter what we say here, the game is gonna go in the direction that HT chooses.  Does he read and consider ideas put forward?  Probably so, the problem is, we rarely get his feedback.  That is his prerogative, as the largest investment in the game has been by himself.
Anyway, rant mode off.  Gonna be interesting to read "the future" of the game. 

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2020, 03:45:36 PM »
....and Monday Night Madness in the AvA every week.

That's true, but it is probably more fun because it is only once a week. I don't think that format would sustain the Melee arena permanently.

If that's all the Melee was, then I think you'd lose most the already depleted customer base.  it would make the current numbers look like Mardi Gras.

I think that is the prime problem with WO:P.  There is no "Game" there.  No ongoing "War".  Just some dueling arena and a furball area. 

$0.02.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #194 on: August 10, 2020, 03:46:44 PM »

Air to air combat!!

<S>

Eagler

Yup go back to what made it popular.
80th FS "Headhunters"