Author Topic: AH locked to Oculus Acct?  (Read 562 times)

Offline AlbertSk

• Zinc Member
AH locked to Oculus Acct?
« on: July 21, 2020, 02:45:23 PM »
I became a subscriber through the Oculus VR App.
My Oculus CV1 headset is failing. Its got some mileage. Game plays fine when its detected.     
I'd like to play on my new Valve Index but Oculus copy of Aces High wont run, shuts down if my Oculus isn’t detected. I’ll get “Oculus Entitlement Error”.  :headscratch:
Seems version of game totally dependent on having a working Oculus brand headset plugged in.
I’ve since downloaded and wanted to switch to the direct Desktop version.
Desktop version log in info must be different since I’ve always been auto logged in via Oculus library. Tried Oculus passwords but those dont work.
I'd hate to cancel that acct and start from scratch losing all progress. I Emailed support hoping for some direction.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: AH locked to Oculus Acct?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 04:55:31 PM »
Don't panic. If no one here can help, call Hitech Creations during normal business hours and they'll get you hooked up.

I removed the Oculus version of the game from my hard drive years ago so can't look to see where and if the settings folder is in there somewhere. Your login info is inside a text file, login.cfg, inside the settings folder, if you can find one. Else, you'll probably need to call or PM HTC.

I use the Rift from a standard installation of the game on my C drive. I launch aceshigh11 from a shortcut and it asks me if I want to use VR. Click yes and you're running. You'll figure out the rest.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 04:58:56 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 07:20:07 PM »
I use the Rift from a standard installation of the game on my C drive. I launch aceshigh11 from a shortcut and it asks me if I want to use VR. Click yes and you're running. You'll figure out the rest.

This works for me too.

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 08:05:59 PM »
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 08:31:11 PM »
Ditto

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 08:49:15 PM »
Pretty sure you need to run Windows Mixed Reality for Valve and NON Oculus headsets? Maybe Steam VR as well..pretty sure you do,but its been a long time :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline AlbertSk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2020, 01:48:12 PM »
Got it squared away. Hitech gave me log info for the C:\ copy of AH & I uninstalled Oculus.  :airplane:

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 04:47:43 AM »
Good to hear.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001