Author Topic: Are people still playing this ?  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
Re: Are people still playing this ?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2020, 08:04:31 PM »
 Yarb I recognize the name from ancient times...   Yes people still play and seems like we are picking up a few more here and there.  I Have a friend who plans on joining after he gets his VR rig.  He came over to try mine and said "I have to get one!" Also said he was only getting it for AH and he's never been a huge fan of the game.   I would recommend picking one up if you can afford it because it breathes new life into the game and makes it feel new again. :)   

Any way YES GET YOUR TAIL IN HERE SO WE CAN SHOOT AT YOU!!! OR HECK GET SHOT BY YOU!  I don't care either way. :)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2020, 03:44:46 AM »
I’ve been back a month or so and seen many new names and lots of old ones. I’m really trying to workout my mic issues so I can say hello to old buddies.

I was away for over 3 years and the re-learning is actually fun. Now if I could re-learn to shoot at 200-600!
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2020, 06:52:19 AM »
I came back after a long hiatus (flew 2001 - 2012), and it's still great fun! I do wish there was a bump in numbers, seems that 100-200 in the MA is the standard most days, depending on time of day. It's fun, but I miss the 250-300+ days! For the long-term health of the game and community we need a way to encourage younger folks to join, and to provide incentives for them to stay. The MA is fun, but the method is basically the same it's always been with respect to base attack/taking. It can be both freedom and a bore at the same time :-0

My favorite have been the scenario events, but those take commitment and planning. I'm not sure people want commitment and planning these days, a lot of times I see kids with virtually no attention span wanting a quick fix (Fortnite, Clash of Clans, etc.) and then they move on to something else. If AH could find a way to engage the interest of those players and hold it, we'd see the numbers climb!

Bottom-line: still fun, join up, see ya in the skies!
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2020, 07:47:16 AM »
60-70 people roughly at 5pm GMT.

There's enough for some fun, but I hear Yarbles has his coco at 7pm and is in bed by 8.   :old:

:D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2020, 11:32:24 AM »
Dolby where you been? Still flying? Haven't seen you or Furball in awhile.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2020, 11:50:45 AM »
Dolby's real life and family has taken him away for a few months he stopped for a brief time of playing AH back around 1st of July......iirc, I think he has a baby or 2 now

He joined the Damned squadron when he came back several months ago....

He told me he will be back in a few months

Hope I'm not speaking out of turn....

~S~  &  Cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2020, 11:57:31 AM »
No kids  :old:

But I'll be back soon  :D

Thanks for asking Mr MaX  :cheers:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2020, 06:16:07 PM »
I wish this still have 800+ people a night. It was not about graphics it was full immersion anyway  :salute
Those were amazing times.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2020, 09:38:03 PM »
The actual plague is in Colorado.  :D

One squirrel so far had bubonic....

Shuffler is just concerned that it will be found in his favorite gerbils..... :noid :noid :uhoh
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2020, 12:40:12 AM »
I wish this still have 800+ people a night. It was not about graphics it was full immersion anyway  :salute

Never ever had 800 a night.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2020, 01:30:56 AM »
Never ever had 800 a night.

In 2008-2010, it did.  A "low" server population then was 150, in the early A.M. east coast time.  It was normal to see 400 a night, higher on the weekends.  I mean, this message board had a high of 351 online at once, then. The message board..... lol.   You were here then, you should remember.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 01:36:21 AM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2020, 01:51:10 AM »
The arenas split at roughly 600, then they went slowly down from that moment on. The time span you're talking of Moray was closer to 300 between LWO and 140 LWB and about 10 betwwen EW and MW.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2020, 03:27:47 AM »
Shuffler is just concerned that it will be found in his favorite gerbils..... :noid :noid :uhoh

A human has it in Colorado now. It is not the capacious human to human type though. First time since 2015 for Colorado.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2020, 09:47:35 PM »
yeah as stated before, low numbers 120+ but you can still find good fights  :joystick:
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2020, 07:15:07 AM »
THIS is the best time to be playing AH.  Not some theoretical time with the numbers perfectly coincided with x, y ,z ... .

Get in the game now.  It rocks!  It has the BEST community.  Its privately owned rather than being owned by a monolithic corporate conglomerate, i.e. you can talk to them.

All things considered, AH is the best WWII flight sim on this planet.  If you want more real than AH and the chores that go with it, you'd have to buy a flyable P-51 or the like.  AH is the perfect balance of realism and fun.

[disclaimer]
I dont work for AH.  Just been playing a long time.
[/disclaimer]

« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 07:21:21 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --