Author Topic: can't center view!  (Read 575 times)

Offline finnster

• Zinc Member
can't center view!
« on: July 22, 2020, 11:18:54 PM »
Hi guys.. new problem for me in AH VR oculus rift. I center the view in the oculus rift 'showroom', but once in the game,
My view is canted about 20 degrees left. Repositioning my head and hitting f10 doesn't fix it. Read a bunch of threads on fixing views in VR... still can't work it out. Any ideas?
Cheers
Finnster

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: can't center view!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 03:53:25 AM »
Rift Show Room? Sorry brother, that is something new to me! Using Steam?Oculus Store app? I dont have an issue with setting up head positions...in my "last" and Current PC!? All I use is AH DX11 exe. and NO ISSUE? Might be "Lost in Translation"...I get it, as I fly with ULDutch  :rofl Headset on...and lean to proper position per Headset and F10 works for me! Oculus CK1 and RiftS! BOTH recently Re-Set. Had to get another PC, since my Niece wanted to give AH a go! No issues :uhoh Just move my head to where I want it...F10..and hit Center ViewButton...DONE!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 04:00:40 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline finnster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 11:34:48 AM »
I believe I mentioned that your method doesn't work for me with this issue... did you not read the post? Here's the direct quote:  "Repositioning my head and hitting f10 doesn't fix it. "
I'm glad it works for you, but telling me that doesn't fix the issue. It's keeping me out of AH right now, and I won't pay a subscription fee much longer for a game I can't get to to work.
finn

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 11:50:43 AM »
I have to remove my headset then center my view then press f10

After that with vive pro headset on I hit the recenter button mapped to jstick when needed

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 12:53:08 PM »
I believe I mentioned that your method doesn't work for me with this issue... did you not read the post? Here's the direct quote:  "Repositioning my head and hitting f10 doesn't fix it. "
I'm glad it works for you, but telling me that doesn't fix the issue. It's keeping me out of AH right now, and I won't pay a subscription fee much longer for a game I can't get to to work.
finn

Finnster you need to recenter with Ctrl F4 (Tracker Center).

HiTech

Offline finnster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 11:21:11 PM »
Thanks HT.  Appreciate the help!