Author Topic: Hey Folks hows it going---Razorbak  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Razorbak

• persona non grata
  • Zinc Member
Hey Folks hows it going---Razorbak
« on: July 29, 2020, 05:06:40 PM »
Just dropped by and saw i could still post in the form, so I thought i say hello and see hows the game going. Ive been iracing since i left and its a fun game but its tough to get as fast as what they call aliens. If anyone sees rud3boi or humboldt tell the ive posted in the forum and i love to hear from em. :airplane:

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Hey Folks hows it going---Razorbak
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 07:54:11 PM »
Just dropped by and saw i could still post in the form, so I thought i say hello and see hows the game going. Ive been iracing since i left and its a fun game but its tough to get as fast as what they call aliens. If anyone sees rud3boi or humboldt tell the ive posted in the forum and i love to hear from em.

Rud3boi left and came back, and flys here regularly.  I believe that Humboldt has a number of recent Oldman kills, too.

So please get back here.

- oldman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 07:56:08 PM »
HOWDY!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 04:37:57 PM »
Pretty sure Humboldt was on last night. Either him or hombre  :lol
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 07:02:59 PM »
dang it Razorbak how dare you leave us  <S>
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Razorbak

• persona non grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 10:19:58 AM »
Hey Lun

I just got tired of the long flights and no action, there are times i miss the game and the folks i flew with for several years. Since ive been in iracing i have found out that we dont do things as good as we could, there is a chat site called discord that the leagues use to keep everyone informed and help the rookies learn the technical aspects of the game and also how to play the game successfully. Im still slower than most of the folks but they change tracks every week and there is always plenty of aciton. I will say the only way to I see to get AH back to its glory days is to have a similar set up and form some squads use the discord chat rooms for communication and planning sorties. If that dosent happen i see the game not ever getting healthy and everyone just randomly flying around and  squeakin about folks running to the ack LOL

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 10:32:38 AM »
Hey Lun

I just got tired of the long flights and no action, there are times i miss the game and the folks i flew with for several years. Since ive been in iracing i have found out that we dont do things as good as we could, there is a chat site called discord that the leagues use to keep everyone informed and help the rookies learn the technical aspects of the game and also how to play the game successfully. Im still slower than most of the folks but they change tracks every week and there is always plenty of aciton. I will say the only way to I see to get AH back to its glory days is to have a similar set up and form some squads use the discord chat rooms for communication and planning sorties. If that dosent happen i see the game not ever getting healthy and ever

Some folks do use discord and other third party chat. Folks can use in game or any chat they so choose..... it has always been that way, even before there was a discord.

Racing is ok... but you can't shoot your challenger...  :D      :rofl         :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 01:44:24 PM »
bring your butt back in the game ya 190 dweeb :)

Offline Razorbak

• persona non grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 04:41:59 PM »
thanks fd i do miss the dora, but its really competitive in iracing and its a blast.

Shuffler I think you missed my point, I miss Ah for sure but I dont miss the no action times, What i was trying to promote is using discord as a tool to form a squad, help the newbs and improve the game, IM sure some of the ol timers remember the time when there were plenty of squads and how much action there was, if there were any squads in the 3 countries think about how much action there would be if the 3 squads were in a fight, now its hit or miss and you have to fly for 20 min just to find a fight or the jokes are taking empty bases so you think you can fly over and get a kill or so but they have a high cap of about 3 guys or so then you either stay and die or run.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 04:46:57 PM »
thanks fd i do miss the dora, but its really competitive in iracing and its a blast.

Shuffler I think you missed my point, I miss Ah for sure but I dont miss the no action times, What i was trying to promote is using discord as a tool to form a squad, help the newbs and improve the game, IM sure some of the ol timers remember the time when there were plenty of squads and how much action there was, if there were any squads in the 3 countries think about how much action there would be if the 3 squads were in a fight, now its hit or miss and you have to fly for 20 min just to find a fight or the jokes are taking empty bases so you think you can fly over and get a kill or so but they have a high cap of about 3 guys or so then you either stay and die or run.

That is just it. Well before discord, many squads used Teamspeak. Having third party chat is nothing new. It has been used for years.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Razorbak

• persona non grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2020, 09:38:38 PM »
That is just it. Well before discord, many squads used Teamspeak. Having third party chat is nothing new. It has been used for years.
Thats true no type of chat is going to save ah, its getting them to form squads especially when the bases are so far apart

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2020, 01:42:49 PM »

Discord is far more than just a 3rd party vox. Discord has a server, you can log in using a computer, phone, or any other device that can connect to the internet.

While logged into "your" server ( as there are many for all squads, clans, clubs, and even games could have them) You can chat real time with other players on that server whether they are in AH, or any other game, or just checking in while waiting for a bus.

If AH had one setup new players could chat with players who are part of that serve and ask all the questions they wanted with out filling the ingame chat buffer. Voice is easier to setup (defaults are where most people use it ) less confusing  to hit the ground running. This includes player who havent even signed up for the game and just drop in after seeing a youtube video of some action in the game.

If setup right and with a bit of control it could be a big deal for the game.

Offline Connery

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2020, 10:49:45 PM »
Discord is far more than just a 3rd party vox. Discord has a server, you can log in using a computer, phone, or any other device that can connect to the internet.

While logged into "your" server ( as there are many for all squads, clans, clubs, and even games could have them) You can chat real time with other players on that server whether they are in AH, or any other game, or just checking in while waiting for a bus.

If AH had one setup new players could chat with players who are part of that serve and ask all the questions they wanted with out filling the ingame chat buffer. Voice is easier to setup (defaults are where most people use it ) less confusing  to hit the ground running. This includes player who havent even signed up for the game and just drop in after seeing a youtube video of some action in the game.

Not to mentioned the ability to have text only channels when you could post updates, news etc, and pin stuff to the top which is important.

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2020, 10:33:15 AM »

YES
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2020, 10:36:27 AM »

Yup.... just the next steps in advancement.

I downloaded it a couple of months a go. I have not used it yet. I thought I might use it in RDR2. Will have to check it out. RDR2s in game talk mode leaves a lot to be desired. LOL
80th FS "Headhunters"