Author Topic: PT Radar & Smoke  (Read 758 times)

Offline Cjpedrido

• Zinc Member
PT Radar & Smoke
« on: August 01, 2020, 06:31:08 PM »
Dear Hitech,

Has been posted before...maybe a repost could help.  Would be nice to have a sweeping radar scope in the right empty panel, just right of the compass, on the PT main console.  The sweep should match the radar on the mast mounted already.

Also would be helpful to initiate a smoke screen from the vessel rear with a single key click.  Could be "S" or "R".  Gives PT'ers a better chance of survival.

Thank you.
<S>

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: PT Radar & Smoke
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 07:02:58 PM »
Maybe the frame hit won't be so bad if the smoke works like the clouds.

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 01:43:51 PM »
The clouds are killing my frame rate.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 01:56:43 PM »
The clouds are killing my frame rate.

Define killing. 60 fps is my max frame rate due to hardware restrictions and the game is quite playable. I've seen posted films where players get twice that.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 03:39:06 PM »
The radar was surface type radar. It could give you the range to ships, boats, and even conning towers, but was not useful for aircraft.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 11:17:03 PM »
The radar was surface type radar. It could give you the range to ships, boats, and even conning towers, but was not useful for aircraft.

But that was also part of an earlier wish for PT radar.  If you spawn a PT boat close enough to an enemy task force, it would be detected by the PT boat radar, and show up on clipboard radar.  Of course, this would greatly shorten the lifespan of PT boats.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com