Author Topic: Reduce Icon Range  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Reduce Icon Range
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2020, 01:27:20 PM »
I would be nice if the mossie bomber and fighter put up the same icon..........on the map screen.

The current system differentiates bombers and fighters by function not airframe shape. I suspect that was specifically for buff hunters. (Ya reckon?)  :D

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2020, 07:38:55 AM »

Do we really need the map icon to do that when people have been jumping into manned ack to see the icon from the gunsight and clearly see the airplane shape at 30k feet?

It just further funnels the gameplay into an ever narrowing box.

Once the buffs only up low level bomb and bail missions, the "buff hunters" will have nobody to hunt.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2020, 10:01:56 AM »
Once the buffs only up low level bomb and bail missions, the "buff hunters" will have nobody to hunt.

This is supposed to be an argument against how clipboard icons work?

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2020, 12:38:25 PM »
Nope...........just the declining number of mission types affected by the changes.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2020, 01:03:54 PM »
Nope...........just the declining number of mission types affected by the changes.

A perception of, no doubt. State yours, clearly.  :)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2020, 04:18:42 PM »
I've vouched for a long time to have a "#" icon to denote number of engines, then below 1000m allow for the model.

I agree that there needs to be a long range icon, but I think it shouldn't be a dead give away.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2020, 04:21:44 PM »
I've vouched for a long time to have a "#" icon to denote number of engines, then below 1000m allow for the model.

I agree that there needs to be a long range icon, but I think it shouldn't be a dead give away.

Seems a bit complicated as compared to the current system which has an elegant grace to it.

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2020, 03:54:33 PM »
There is a setting to change the fighter/bomber icons on radar to just dots.  That is an easy change. 

AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2020, 03:58:33 PM »
There is a setting to change the fighter/bomber icons on radar to just dots.  That is an easy change.

Arena setting? Because players asking for changes of this nature want it to be universal and affect everybody, I suspect.