Author Topic: Any solution welcomed  (Read 2000 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Any solution welcomed
« on: August 05, 2020, 11:05:05 AM »
Currently there is a player that makes bases flash while they sit in a GV with no intention to interact with the game in any other way.

I know this is nothing new, I remember it from my previous time in game.

I’ve seen other people mention this recently since my return to the game the past couple months.

It’s very frustrating when the side they do it to only has 5-10 players on and their side has 10-20+. It wastes eveyone’s time by diverting players to trying to find them and diverting players away from the other two countries wanting to interact.

I don’t know exactly what the solution is or if there is even one HiTech might consider, but when there’s say 7 knights on and 3 are trying to find this player it’s difficult to coordinate...those that log off already looked for the player and those that log on have to figure out it just a ruse.

They seem to have found how to hide from the Storch extremely well.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Any solution welcomed
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 11:09:13 AM »

Enemies do the darndest things.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 11:09:26 AM »
It usually does not take long to figure out that it is not a threat. Still some folks bite for a long time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 11:20:54 AM »
i have taken bases driving past cybro. he's harmless, not sure why you guys let him get into your head.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 11:49:06 AM »

semp hit the nail on the head.......just ignore the guy. 
What I don't understand, off topic a bit, is why the base defense will blaze away at an aircraft, but virtually ignore a GV within the same distance?  Never have understood the reasoning for that.  Are they blind to GV's? Or is it coded to let them move in closer?  I've been in the tower and seen GV's driving across a base and the base defenses ignore them............oh well, only one person has the answer to that question.   

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 11:54:09 AM »
There is a very simple solution. Just go to another part of the map and have fun!! This is just a game. If enough people stop buying into his antics, he will get bored and stop. Or should at least. Life is way too short and messed up to worry about this!! Rock in!  :salute
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 11:57:02 AM »
All great suggestions.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 12:06:00 PM »
The thing I don't like about GVs flashing bases is that there is no difference in indication on the map between 1 vehicle and 20.  I've seen it happen where someone flashed a base for a long time then a group moved on that base and the defenders were slow to react because there was no indication until the invaders were in position and started dropping stuff.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 12:43:46 PM »
The thing I don't like about GVs flashing bases is that there is no difference in indication on the map between 1 vehicle and 20.  I've seen it happen where someone flashed a base for a long time then a group moved on that base and the defenders were slow to react because there was no indication until the invaders were in position and started dropping stuff.

Wiley.

CVs drop bases and never flash till the troops are coming in. No difference.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 01:02:47 PM »
CVs drop bases and never flash till the troops are coming in. No difference.

Which is another thing that is not great.  Flashing is essentially the little computer guys on the base going, "Hey.  Something's attacking us."  The fact they don't seem concerned when town is being shelled is a bit silly.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 01:36:43 PM »
1. Open 2nd player account.
2. Find aforementioned offender in Bishland.
3. Switch countries.
4. Bombard aforementioned offender.
5. Breath deeply.
6. Grin

:old:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2020, 02:05:46 PM »
Which is another thing that is not great.  Flashing is essentially the little computer guys on the base going, "Hey.  Something's attacking us."  The fact they don't seem concerned when town is being shelled is a bit silly.

Wiley.

Yes indeed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2020, 02:07:15 PM »
1. Open 2nd player account.
2. Find aforementioned offender in Bishland.
3. Switch countries.
4. Bombard aforementioned offender.
5. Breath deeply.
6. Grin

:old:

With the covid thing going on.... Max is spending way too much time holed up at his Maxy Pad.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2020, 02:14:04 PM »

Wiley.

This was my issue with tanks as well. I see a flashing base.  Dont know how many it is. Do I roll from the base and hide out sitting there for 20 minutes waiting for something to drive by? Or I go pop after 10 minutes of sitting never seeing the enemy tank. Still don't know how many are there.

Apparently, not a lot of tankers like the dar. Perhaps it could be redone similar to the plane dar so it doesn't give away locations, but i think a dar is necessary. How does a new player know what to do if all they see is a flashing base with nothing going on? I never understood how people have the patience for tanks.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2020, 02:24:39 PM »
I don't know how it'd work out, but I've always wondered about the idea of having GV icons get longer the longer you sit in one spot, and also get even longer if you fire.  Until you move a couple hundred yards, your icon stays that size, after you move it resets.

Wiley.

JG11