Author Topic: Beirut explosion  (Read 4139 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beirut explosion
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2020, 07:25:57 PM »
having so much fertilizer in a place for years is negligent, fertilizer blowing up was an accident.  if neither accident or neglect was there.  there would have been no explosion.  it's that simple.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2020, 07:41:09 PM »
They don't lose in court because negligence is always a purposeful act. They lose in court because they were proven to have failed in a legal responsibility. An accident does not absolve one of responsibility but it doesn't mean an accident is anything other than. Unless you live in a conspiracy reliant 'reality.'

I did misstate that all negligence is purposeful. Sometimes is it not. That's why they came up with the term gross negligence. 

having so much fertilizer in a place for years is negligent, fertilizer blowing up was an accident.  if neither accident or neglect was there.  there would have been no explosion.  it's that simple.

semp

I still think they are using this as a cover, but that is just my opinion because I don't trust these people. Its hard for me to understand why it wouldn't have been sold or used for 6 years just sitting around. Unfortunately, it cost them dearly and I hope to see some accountability. 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2020, 07:49:56 PM »
I did misstate that all negligence is purposeful. Sometimes is it not. That's why they came up with the term gross negligence. 

Which still does not make the accident less than. There are and will continue to be those that will look for this to be a terrorist act when it likely isn't. Why? Excuse for war.

Carry on.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2020, 07:52:31 PM »
OK then for what purpose to blow up the city?

don't say i don't know.

semp

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2020, 08:09:36 PM »
OK then for what purpose to blow up the city?

don't say i don't know.

semp

Thats above my pay grade. Again, your perspective could be 100% true. No one has ruled anything out.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2020, 08:24:41 PM »
Thats above my pay grade. Again, your perspective could be 100% true. No one has ruled anything out.

well the fact that Lebanon hasn't blamed anybody and says it's just an accident would be proof that it's an accident.

semp

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2020, 08:28:42 PM »
Not exactly the material that ought to be stored near populated areas.

Several people in this thread have made similar comments.  I read a report where the port authorities have been trying for seven years to get that stuff moved out of that warehouse.  I haven't seen anything explaining exactly why it was never moved.  But there were some who desperately wanted it out of there.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2020, 08:34:05 PM »
Well..... They got it out of there!

Too soon I know but ya kinda put that one on a tee

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2020, 09:00:22 PM »
i read the AN was in a ship.? and the fireworks factory was next to it?

Is there a solid story we can develop the scenario with?

how does a loose mortar ignite a large vat of AN?

Anyone know the critical state necessary for this explosion to happen?

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2020, 09:01:45 PM »
Not exactly the material that ought to be stored near populated areas.
Remember in 1994 when Tim McVeigh constructed a bomb containing more than 5,000 pounds (2,300 kg) of ammonium nitrate fertilizer mixed with about 1,200 pounds (540 kg) of liquid nitromethane and 350 pounds (160 kg) of Tovex?

:headscratch:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2020, 10:52:43 PM »
i read the AN was in a ship.? and the fireworks factory was next to it?

Is there a solid story we can develop the scenario with?

how does a loose mortar ignite a large vat of AN?

Anyone know the critical state necessary for this explosion to happen?

Originally it was all on a Russian vessel that had issues and went broke in Port. The ship was emptied into a warehouse at the port and the ship eventually moved. The product had been stored in a warehouse there for years. There was actually some work being done on a gate. They were concerned about thieves stealing some of the product.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2020, 11:13:35 PM »
Originally it was all on a Russian vessel that had issues and went broke in Port. The ship was emptied into a warehouse at the port and the ship eventually moved. The product had been stored in a warehouse there for years. There was actually some work being done on a gate. They were concerned about thieves stealing some of the product.

I watched a video from bomb experts and a guy who made bombs in the military. They have come to the conclusion that it was infact AN that made the huge explosion. There is still much speculation, and authorities haven't rulled out external forces. I also read that they were working on a hole that theives were stealing from, however, it was just a comment and not a real source. Still think there was a lot more going on than we are being led to believe.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 11:15:13 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2020, 11:33:59 PM »
I watched a video from bomb experts and a guy who made bombs in the military. They have come to the conclusion that it was infact AN that made the huge explosion. There is still much speculation, and authorities haven't rulled out external forces. I also read that they were working on a hole that theives were stealing from, however, it was just a comment and not a real source. Still think there was a lot more going on than we are being led to believe.

really the fact that they had tons of ammonium nitrate makes it an ammonium nitrate explosion? and they came to that conclusion based on a video posted on the internet?  damn that is good research.  would it have more believable like a guy who says I was close to the explosion and it was c4, I know what it smells like and know what it tastes like, used it many times before.

made bombs in the military? what the hell does that even mean?  they give you something that blows up, attach something that makes it blow up, is that what he made?  cause then everybody in the military makes bombs.

semp

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2020, 12:36:29 AM »
really the fact that they had tons of ammonium nitrate makes it an ammonium nitrate explosion? and they came to that conclusion based on a video posted on the internet?  damn that is good research.  would it have more believable like a guy who says I was close to the explosion and it was c4, I know what it smells like and know what it tastes like, used it many times before.

made bombs in the military? what the hell does that even mean?  they give you something that blows up, attach something that makes it blow up, is that what he made?  cause then everybody in the military makes bombs.

semp

Their channel appeared to be solid. Was a nice presentation actually. I have also seen videos of a missle hitting it. Haven't confirmed if those are fake. Jury is still out for me.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2020, 03:19:01 AM »
Their channel appeared to be solid. Was a nice presentation actually. I have also seen videos of a missle hitting it. Haven't confirmed if those are fake. Jury is still out for me.

You mean the bird, not missile.