Author Topic: Do you cut down trees?  (Read 365 times)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Do you cut down trees?
« on: August 07, 2020, 11:05:57 PM »

:O
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline SIM

• Nickel Member
Re: Do you cut down trees?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 08:01:57 AM »
I deal with idiots like these on a daily basis especially the moron near the primary power lines.  Chainsaws should be labeled "Defenders of the Genepool".

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 09:55:31 AM »
Nominees on the short list for the 2020 Darwin Award.  The guy on the ladder being at the top of the list.   :O

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline SIM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 01:13:28 PM »
I could fill the Darwin Award record books with some of the true idiots I run into at work. From using kitchen utensils for stealing power, to climbing poles with a ladder to hook themselves back up. Battery cables arent just for jumping off a dead car battery......
 I once was called out for a wildfire behind a local plant. When I arrived the fire department had the fire put out and firemen and sheriff deputies were trying to find out what caused the flames. They called me out because it was around one of my companies poles. I found the cause....
 Apparently, some individual had stolen a sawz-all from a construction site next door and thought it would be badass to cut into a piece of pvc conduit on the pole. That conduit had 3 runs of 7200volt primary cable feeding the plant. The perp cut into one of the primary cables, caused an arc and the fire. I found his hand print burned into the pvc. He had a friend there as well. That one had been standing on the other side of the pole with his right hand on the pvc. There were left and right hand prints on the pole at different heights and positions. How either survived we will never know......but the finger prints on the pvc were visible.