Author Topic: looking for a curved screen monitor 27 inch  (Read 635 times)

Offline pops04

• Zinc Member
looking for a curved screen monitor 27 inch
« on: August 06, 2020, 07:19:04 PM »
Hey ya bunch of fighter jocks and others. I am seeking some advice. I am curious on information on a real good 27 inch curved screen monitor for aces high. I would like one with speakers and refresh rate of 1ms running 1480 or above at a decent price. Any advice?

Thanks
Pops :salute   :cheers:

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: looking for a curved screen monitor 27 inch
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 09:37:21 PM »
why pops?

I use a 42 inch tv on a GTX 670 video card. Im done with small dots on small screens.

VR does seem to be better than my 42 inch tv, but I just dont see a "curved screen" doing much. They dont curve that much, and 3 cheap screens tied together would give you a better " wrap around" than a curved screen.

What are you looking to accomplish?

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 01:49:28 AM »
In my opinion 27" is still a "small" monitor for which 1080p is crisp and sharp enough for adult players. An eagle eyed teenager might see the grid but it's still so small it doesn't make slanted lines too jagged.

For 1440p 30" is to me a minimum. My current monitor is a 30" 1600p, my old one is a 24" 1200p. The grid/pixel size of these two is similar so the overall look and feel are the same, the only difference being the extra "empty" space on the larger screen.

A friend just bought a curved 31.5" 1440p 144 Hz 4 ms Lenovo which seemed to be one of the cheapest in that range. Another friend uses a 52" monitor (second hand originally used for marketing) and for what I've seen it works perfectly well both for home office tasks and games. The viewing distance is about 1.5 yds and from there no blurring or jagging can be seen. My 37" 1080p TV looks much worse from double that distance so there are differences in the pixel grids for different uses.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 02:13:44 AM »
Don't do it.  I have tried several monitor set ups including curved screens and triple monitors in landscape and portrait orientations.  I always found a single screen to be the best option.  I have a Samsung 43 inch monitor that I tried before I stopped playing and even that was not as good as a flat screen.

Offline dBeav

• Copper Member
      • http://yankeeairmuseum.org
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 02:45:52 PM »
I have this setup at the Yankee Air Museum. Seems to work well for our purposes.

Sceptre 27" Curved LED monitor C278W-1920R

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 07:40:23 PM »
This one is the newest from Samsung and I got to mess around with it the other day at Micro Center in Atlanta, GA. Best one I have seen so far and I own the Dell S2716DG Gsync monitor. I just wish they hadn't borked up the G9 49" build quality so I could have gotten one before they all got shipped back to QC or to be sold in Asia and India.

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/27--crg5-240hz-curved-gaming-monitor-lc27rg50fqnxza/
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"