Author Topic: Controllers lost mapping in VR  (Read 646 times)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Controllers lost mapping in VR
« on: August 09, 2020, 09:50:39 AM »
If I start dx10 and click no on use rift all my controllers are mapped and no issues.

If I click yes, when I go into the controller settings nothing is mapped. Everything shows "unassigned"
It was working and then suddenly it's like everything got flushed.

The vr controllers work for movement but the buttons  on the VR controllers don't.

I'm not sure how to fix this because it's obviously still there if I can use them without the VR.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
Re: Controllers lost mapping in VR
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 10:06:31 AM »
The controls have 2 different sets of mapping. One for vr and one for 2d.

Next time you can simply copy your xxx.jsm file to VR_xxx.jsm file

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 02:33:37 PM »
To expand on that:

Follow this on your hard drive to the settings folder…
C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High III\settings

Within that settings folder, organize the files by type.
Look for the JSM (those are Joy Stick Mapping files) which can be edited in NotePad.

Below, the brackets indicate a required field, but the brackets are not part of the name.

Suppose you have a ch or saitech or vkb or virpil controller or whatever, I’ll use the ch products stick as an example, look for the file [chfighterstickusb].jsm where your [stick name] replaces the [chfighterstickusb] excluding the brackets.
This is your regular stick/throttle/rudder peddle mapping for use on a monitor.

The easiest was to duplicate your controller settings for VR is to copy your [your controller name].jsm file and then rename it to the AH VR convention, VR_[your controller name].jsm
Launch AH in VR and everything will be there.

The second method is…

Once you’ve mapped at least one setting for your controller in VR, a new Joy Stick Map is created with the AH VR convention, VR_[your controller name].jsm

Copy your settings from the [your controller name].jsm to the  VR_[your controller name].jsm file.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 03:25:35 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Why is it that my joystick was working and then suddenly stopped. That's the part I don't understand. I don't want it to happen again after I remap it.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 03:32:27 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Why is it that my joystick was working and then suddenly stopped. That's the part I don't understand. I don't want it to happen again after I remap it.

There are two control configurations, "stick_name".jsm and VR_"stickname".jsm. In each of those there are 4 modes you can switch to. fighter, bomber gunner, and two others I dont know the name of. If you accidently switched modes in either and you had never setup to controls it would look like you "lost" the settings.

The best thing to do is to get your setting programmed the way you want, and then copy the setting folder and save it so e place safe. If you have an issue again down the road, just drop a copy of the saved folder in to the "C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High III" and your back to your settings with out having to reprogram everything.

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2020, 05:42:34 PM »
Ive had my controls randomly become unmapped before. Im not sure if an update or something caused it, but was kind of a pain to reset scalings and such

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2020, 06:48:22 AM »
Ive had my controls randomly become unmapped before. Im not sure if an update or something caused it, but was kind of a pain to reset scalings and such
Funny I just had it happen to me a few weeks ago. Found out as I tried to take off in a FSO frame. Everything dead. Fortunately, I'd backed up AH stuff when I recently built a PC so I had it to copy over and get back on business. Took me a while to figure out what happened and how to fix it but missed the frame. Couldn't tell ya why it happened. Best guess was I'd gotten a Win10 update a day or so before. It screwed up my vkb software too. Dang MS!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group