Author Topic: Refine Kills/Time Stat  (Read 3578 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Refine Kills/Time Stat
« on: August 11, 2020, 07:30:31 PM »
And add average airspeed per sortie.  Might help weed out some of the 1 pass and haul bass type.  The lower the airspeed the better.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
Re: Refine Kills/Time Stat
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 10:59:55 PM »
At least the supersonic pass then extend a sector for the next pass while good for the k/d ratio is piss poor for k/h

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 10:26:33 AM »
I dislike K/H in attack mode. See no reason for it considering people are flying heavy jabos that take time to get to a base.

Also, I do wish the scoring took into consideration ENY or something like you said where it encourages players to fly in harder slower planes.

I never understood the fly in at 500 mph, extend for ever, then come back and try again. Being aggressive in many instances will get you the kill rather than extending for miles.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 12:17:51 PM »
Cybro number 1  :banana: :rock
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 02:29:40 PM »
I dislike K/H in attack mode. See no reason for it considering people are flying heavy jabos that take time to get to a base.

Also, I do wish the scoring took into consideration ENY or something like you said where it encourages players to fly in harder slower planes.

I never understood the fly in at 500 mph, extend for ever, then come back and try again. Being aggressive in many instances will get you the kill rather than extending for miles.

Yeah i understand some people like to play to live, even I do sometimes, but the arena needs something to spice up the quality of fights more.  This might make guys more prone to defe d the base in different ways than supplies, and like you said, maybe see a few more hangar queens in the air.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 02:38:20 PM »
I up my 38 to defend with a 3 to 1 mass coming. We are fighting and the they have 262s show up over the fight. You can't control what folks are going to do and keep everyone happy.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2020, 04:50:36 PM »
If you really want to make stats more accurate count every time a plane leaves the ground as a sortie.  As they did on WWII.  :old:

The rearm pad skews this making a sortie last forever for a very careful pilot.

+1 on your idea too.  :aok
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 10:15:55 PM »
If you really want to make stats more accurate count every time a plane leaves the ground as a sortie.  As they did on WWII.  :old:

The rearm pad skews this making a sortie last forever for a very careful pilot.

+1 on your idea too.  :aok

Sort of... until you run out of WEP. Guess that helps the yak3 m

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2020, 12:39:44 PM »
And add average airspeed per sortie.  Might help weed out some of the 1 pass and haul bass type.  The lower the airspeed the better.

Just get rid of death stats.

Rank= Kills, damage.  kill ratio causes people to fly to live.

Drop all the Per/Hour and hit% stats.  They aren't a measure of quality of play or skill. Their effect is to allow people that play fewer hours to rank higher. is that good for the game?

Maybe its time to simplifying it.  To rank higher, break more stuff.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2020, 01:50:28 PM »
I really think you guys that think K/D being counted in score contributes to people flying timidly are completely wrong that "score" is the reason people fly to live.  People that fly to live are not worried about their score standings.  They simply do not want to die.  Full stop.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2020, 08:37:28 AM »
I really think you guys that think K/D being counted in score contributes to people flying timidly are completely wrong that "score" is the reason people fly to live.  People that fly to live are not worried about their score standings.  They simply do not want to die.  Full stop.

Wiley.

I'm with you on this one. Most people just don't want to die to have to re up and fly back to a base long distance. I also think its just natural instint in many cases. I also think most players don't know what else to do in some cases. Flying too timidly also negatively effects the rest of your score.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2020, 08:40:51 AM »
I'm with you on this one. Most people just don't want to die to have to re up and fly back to a base long distance. I also think its just natural instint in many cases. I also think most players don't know what else to do in some cases. Flying too timidly also negatively effects the rest of your score.

Its partly about balance. If you just used total kills, take a la7 or n1k and ho everything in sight and then just reup immediately and repeat

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2020, 02:04:05 PM »
I have found that trees even things out.... in the end.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2020, 03:15:59 PM »
I have found that trees even things out.... in the end.

:rofl

The trees will get you eventually no matter hard you try to stay alive.  :old:
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2020, 10:04:58 AM »

Wiley.

Then changing it won't matter. So change it
Who is John Galt?