Author Topic: ww2 tech vs modern tech  (Read 3657 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: ww2 tech vs modern tech
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2020, 05:36:51 AM »
Looks like an ignorant opinion to me.

But I'm game. If it's fact, then please post some sources. I'll wait.

If you read the news you would know.

You should also know politics are not allowed here. This will lead to politics as it always does. At this point I have to take it you are not from the US.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2020, 08:52:03 AM »
At this point I have to take it you are not from the US.
Do you not know where Cape Cod is?  :rofl
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2020, 10:03:38 AM »
Do you not know where Cape Cod is?  :rofl
Have no idea where he is from.... just figured from his lack of knowledge about current events here.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2020, 10:58:29 AM »
If you read the news you would know.

You should also know politics are not allowed here. This will lead to politics as it always does. At this point I have to take it you are not from the US.

Seems to me that you were the one to bring political talk into this thread with your baseless rhetoric. All I did was call you out for making this behavior a frequent habit.

Have no idea where he is from.... just figured from his lack of knowledge about current events here.

Again, where do you get your "news" from? I'm willing to bet both you and your "news" share the same problem where opinion is mistaken for fact.

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2020, 12:02:56 PM »
Seems to me that you were the one to bring political talk into this thread with your baseless rhetoric. All I did was call you out for making this behavior a frequent habit.

Again, where do you get your "news" from? I'm willing to bet both you and your "news" share the same problem where opinion is mistaken for fact.
You seem to act like you were outed.

Keep ignoring what has been going on. It's your life and family. Your responsibility.

I take care of my own.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2020, 12:17:00 PM »
Ok, you keep drinking the Kool-aid.

:cheers:
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2020, 09:28:48 AM »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2020, 10:58:05 AM »
Most impressive for me in the WWII propeller planes was the Kommandogeräte that automatically set engine parameters you manually had to set in allied designs.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2021, 05:26:20 AM »
I was just sitting here thinking. I watched a video someone posted about p-47's the other day. It blew my mind. I guess I have taken technology for granted. I wonder if the planes we have today are really as great of a technological achievement as the ones we had 70 years ago. I mean think about this: today we have complicated computer simulations to model EVERYTHING about the design..before there is even a prototype! Back in the day they had freaking blue prints...paper...wind tunnels and little models. I mean I am no expert on this stuff, but I did think about this stuff. I hope you can get what I am saying. I guess I am just in awe of engineering and precision. How the hell did they pull this toejam off without computers? I guess the same could be said for the cotton gin or the Antikythera mechanism or other such things. Being an idiot at math...I am absolutely in awe of engineers. no edibles..just swag. <S>  :rock

Even during WW2 there was a Tech revolution. Think about it? LO and stealth first became a reality during the war. Proximity fuses, wire guided anti-ship bombs, IRBM ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, self guiding torpedos "FIDO" and I believe the Germans made them to. Jet airplanes, atomic bombs, long range heavy Bombers, pressurized interiors of airplanes, advanced radars and naval gunnery systems, sarin and soman, radar guided night fighters, code breaking, flight guidance systems....and the list goes on.

Much of what we have today, and dream of for tomorrow, are advances of tech that first appeared in WW2. Modern "Hyper War" has its roots in WW2, tho of course few back then could probably have dreamed of whats available today. Still the 8 years of war saw an incredible maturation of technology.

Winston Churchill was an avid tech geek. Nothing was to "hair brained" for him to want to back it and was probably the first modern world leader to believe without doubt that he with the best technology would win a war.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"