Author Topic: Lost sound 3x so far today  (Read 653 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Lost sound 3x so far today
« on: August 14, 2020, 08:14:25 AM »
First time it happened I had a total red screen just before losing sound. 2nd time I landed, reupped and lost sound. 3rd time same thing. Never had this happen in 19 years.

At which point I lose sound, I also loose joystick control and go into a spin dive for a sec.

Logging out and re-entering Melee solves the problem.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 08:54:28 AM by Max »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Lost sound 3x so far today
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 09:55:50 AM »
Is your hearing aid battery on the fritz?

:D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 06:12:03 PM »
naw been having same problem,  game freeze while using vox. having to restart computer. thought it was a heat issue, but created a log and nothing was wrong.

this just started after last update, which also is about a win7 update that installed edge.  got rid of it, so not sure what is causing. i should say it's never in the tower, only up in the air or while in agv.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 10:39:20 AM »
this just started after last update, which also is about a win7 update that installed edge
semp
Whut? Am I reading correctly that the new Edge has been released for Win7 as well despite the support having been ended half a year ago?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 01:39:52 AM »
Are yo using "Challenges custop sounds"?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 06:11:55 PM »
Max, what sound system are you using? Onboard? USB? Riser card?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2020, 08:58:42 PM »
Whut? Am I reading correctly that the new Edge has been released for Win7 as well despite the support having been ended half a year ago?

yes. we still getting updates. not sure what they do

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2020, 01:26:38 AM »
yes. we still getting updates. not sure what they do

semp
Would you please check what they are? The KB codes suffice.

They may well be optional updates that still hang on the list if the settings have been changed not to install them - which often was recommended here back then.

If there's new updates I have a hunch that they go under the name of Malicious Software Removal Tool. It's numbered as KB890830 and according to Windows Update Catalog it was last updated May 8th. What does it do? It's a basic anti-virus check and removal tool, simple as that.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 01:28:44 AM by Bizman »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni