Author Topic: Flight Simulator 2020  (Read 6568 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Flight Simulator 2020
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2020, 04:15:53 PM »
If you have Xbox gamepass which costs a dollar you get access to MSFS20. Your welcome

What about for PC... and what version?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2020, 06:01:42 PM »
I'm pretty sure XBox gamepass works through Windows Store. Even if you buy through Steam the game will ask you to link it to your XBox/Microsoft account.

I haven't found the SDK yet, or maybe it hasn't been released. Hopefully that will follow in the next update or so.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2020, 06:03:09 PM »
What about for PC... and what version?

Xbox Game Pass is for the PC and it offers the standard version for free and discounts (think 10%) for the other versions.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2020, 07:37:11 PM »
It looks nice, but I am not particularly impressed. I have P3d and X-Plane. Out of the box, FS2020 might have some advantages, but with mods they all look about the same. The real issue is performance when the graphics settings are maxed out. I don't see FS2020 having much better performance for similar quality levels. For VR, I prefer Aerofly FS2... looks really good, runs at max fps with max quality settings. You give up a fully populated globe,  multiplayer, and any kind of animation... right down to the static textures for water, but Some of the scenery looks fantastic and some of the aircraft are modeled very well in terms of cockpits/systems/flight models... particularly the helo.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2020, 07:45:06 PM »
It looks nice, but I am not particularly impressed. I have P3d and X-Plane. Out of the box, FS2020 might have some advantages, but with mods they all look about the same. The real issue is performance when the graphics settings are maxed out. I don't see FS2020 having much better performance for similar quality levels. For VR, I prefer Aerofly FS2... looks really good, runs at max fps with max quality settings. You give up a fully populated globe,  multiplayer, and any kind of animation... right down to the static textures for water, but Some of the scenery looks fantastic and some of the aircraft are modeled very well in terms of cockpits/systems/flight models... particularly the helo.
Have you played FS2020?

I didn't think so...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2020, 08:14:28 PM »

Youtube videos are already out comparing...... and none seem to compare to MSFS2020 favorably. At least the ones I have seen so far.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2020, 08:47:43 PM »
I'm not aware of any other sim where rainwater slowly evaporates off of runway surfaces, streets, buildings, . . . Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I think that's new. The sensation of flight seems more realistic, but to be really sure I would like to try a DG in FS2020, if anyone ever makes one.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2020, 09:18:42 PM »
I'm not aware of any other sim where rainwater slowly evaporates off of runway surfaces, streets, buildings, . . . Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I think that's new. The sensation of flight seems more realistic, but to be really sure I would like to try a DG in FS2020, if anyone ever makes one.

Just fly anything dude.  Can't you tell the difference? (We're fly by wire here)

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2020, 09:24:27 PM »
Just fly anything dude.  Can't you tell the difference? (We're fly by wire here)

Coogan

Apparently you never heard the quote, "the more I learned, the more I realized I needed to learn."

In other words, it's not the trick itself, but how the trick is done.

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2020, 12:56:48 AM »
So, which makes more sense to you? Purchase through STEAM, or through Microsoft Store?

Works fine here

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2020, 01:53:34 AM »
Yeah, I can't be sure if the slide-show in that video is the way it was recorded, YouTube slowing down while streaming, or just poor performance.

On my system I have already seen quite a few bugs, and at least one hard crash. Hopefully they'll get it sorted out.

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2020, 06:49:31 AM »
It’s how I recorded it. I used OBS and did not do any optimization so I took a huge CPU hit

« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 06:59:10 AM by Wolfala »

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2020, 09:44:54 AM »
Should have known Wolfala would fly the Cirrus.  :rofl :rofl :rofl
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2020, 09:59:21 AM »
I honestly don’t know what plane they tried to model. The thing won’t make any where close static RPM, The fuel flows are completely diddlyed, climbs like a pregnant yak, and it’s feels like you’re dancing with a fat woman. they slapped a 22 skin on something but it ain’t a 22. That and the avionics are completely non-functional.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2020, 11:12:48 AM »
I honestly don’t know what plane they tried to model. The thing won’t make any where close static RPM, The fuel flows are completely diddlyed, climbs like a pregnant yak, and it’s feels like you’re dancing with a fat woman. they slapped a 22 skin on something but it ain’t a 22. That and the avionics are completely non-functional.

Have been wondering how the actual flying characteristics compare to X-Plane.  Doesn't sound good for FS2020.

- oldman