Author Topic: Flight Simulator 2020  (Read 6581 times)

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
Re: Flight Simulator 2020
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2020, 11:19:15 AM »

Have been wondering how the actual flying characteristics compare to X-Plane.  Doesn't sound good for FS2020.

- oldman

I get that it’s been like three days but if you have Aircraft with Garmin stuff in it make it actually functional.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2020, 11:28:51 AM »
I get that it’s been like three days but if you have Aircraft with Garmin stuff in it make it actually functional.

Sounds like they're expecting the modding community to fill it out.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2020, 01:43:15 PM »
None of the planes have guns

What are you supposed to do?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2020, 03:46:56 PM »

Have been wondering how the actual flying characteristics compare to X-Plane.  Doesn't sound good for FS2020.

- oldman

On other planes it exceeds x-plane in the videos I have seen.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2020, 03:49:22 PM »
None of the planes have guns

What are you supposed to do?

Eagler

Apparently, fly.  A buddy of mine knew a commercial pilot who would get home from a flight and fly the same route in MSFS.  To me that's borderline mental illness, although people apparently like to drive a semi in traffic in Truck Simulator too...  I sure as heck don't get it.

But here's another one that baked my noodle completely.  There are people who are virtual air traffic controllers in MSFS.  They act as tower and route traffic, from what I understand on some servers they won't let you ATC unless you've more or less taken a training course with them on how to do it properly.

Why a human would be entertained by that is completely beyond me but, the world is a rich tapestry.

Wish we had those clouds though...

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2020, 04:00:27 PM »
Apparently, fly.  A buddy of mine knew a commercial pilot who would get home from a flight and fly the same route in MSFS.  To me that's borderline mental illness, although people apparently like to drive a semi in traffic in Truck Simulator too...  I sure as heck don't get it.

But here's another one that baked my noodle completely.  There are people who are virtual air traffic controllers in MSFS.  They act as tower and route traffic, from what I understand on some servers they won't let you ATC unless you've more or less taken a training course with them on how to do it properly.

Why a human would be entertained by that is completely beyond me but, the world is a rich tapestry.

Wish we had those clouds though...

Wiley.

Mental, no. If you were here 15 years ago we had guys from aces high running as traffic controllers who were awacs controllers and air traffic controllers in 40 person Microsoft flight simulator sessions.

As an IP, it’s honestly a great screener. If a guy reaches out to me the first question I ask what’s your SIM experience. And believe it or not I did refer guys over to Aces high for stick and rudder before they came to me. An airplane is a terrible place to learn and if you can get those basic skills somewhere else before you’re paying me $700 an hour then you better use that time.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 04:02:25 PM by Wolfala »

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2020, 04:03:51 PM »
Mental, no. If you were here 15 years ago we had guys from aces high running as traffic controllers who were awax’s controllers and air traffic controllers in 40 person Microsoft flight simulator sessions.

As an IP, it’s honestly a great screener. If a guy reaches out to me the first question I ask what’s your SIM experience. And believe it or not I did refer guys over to Ace is high for stick and rudder before they came to me. An airplane is a terrible place to learn and if you can get those basic skills somewhere else before you’re paying me $700 an hour then you better use that time.

As a training tool, hell yeah I can see that but the impression I got was this guy was a very experienced pilot who was doing it for fun.

But training even if for nothing else than procedures makes perfect sense.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2020, 06:54:55 PM »
although people apparently like to drive a semi in traffic in Truck Simulator too...  I sure as heck don't get it.

Unlike truck driving in the real world, this can be totally relaxing. Hauling 20 tonnes of tools from Spain to Estonia while listening to my favourite radio stations is as chill as gaming can get. (When I want excitement, I play something else).

As for FS2020, my old PC starts to stutter when I only think about installing it. Way too big of an investment right now.

Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2020, 08:04:28 PM »
I see a guy on you tube having sub 30 frame rates and significant stutter at night, with some high end computer that had many 2000 #'s in the spec description.

but, Wowzers. that game looked awesome, I'm excited to see it. 

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2020, 10:40:45 AM »
Non-functional instruments? :headscratch:  It's 2020 right?

"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2020, 05:00:12 AM »
The XML code for some of the gauges (and glass) are not in the sim yet. That's not the biggest problem though. The biggest problem is add-on support, which is still a long ways off. No Mustangs, or Spitfires. No P-38's, or Beaufighters. But worse, the SDK is still not finalized, so it will be some months, and maybe more than a year, before there are user-created sailplanes, scenery, custom airline routes, or any of the airplanes I love the most (F-86, X-15, and so on). Plus, if you want to customize your home town, it's going to be a while. Even if you can build an airplane that satisfies all the check boxes, you may not be able to get anything working if you can't write XML. This is not the old flight sim.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2020, 08:00:48 AM »
   From what you all have been saying, I'll hold off from 2020.

FSX runs and looks fine on my machine. Geforce 1080 Ti, Orbix scenery, Active Sky clouds and real time weather.

And A2A simulations aircraft are the best!

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2020, 01:27:55 PM »
It is rather pretty, here are some of my screenies. I can run it on Medium settings on my 5 year old PC. (INTEL i5-4690K, 16GB DDR3 RAM, ASUS Z97-P, AMD Radeon R9 390 8Gb)

And highly detailed

« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 01:36:50 PM by LCADolby »
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2020, 05:54:51 PM »
Waiting on the Premium Deluxe to download now.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2020, 08:32:23 AM »
Started and looked to be about one and a half hour download. Toward the end it seemed a lot of decompressing. Ended up at two hours forty-seven minutes.

I will setup my old CH gear to fly it today.
80th FS "Headhunters"