Author Topic: Losing sound and joystick control repeatedly  (Read 1421 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Losing sound and joystick control repeatedly
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2020, 02:44:22 AM »
Max, please look into your power settings (in the device manager), uncheck ALL USB devices and USB hubs that say "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
Do the same for all  "Human Interface consumer control devices" that allows the computer to turn them off.

I experienced a similar problem playing in another game, and for me this solved my problem.
YUP..I Concur! Make sure you go through EVERY "Human Interface" and USB Power settings
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2020, 10:30:32 AM »
:uhoh Miss ya,Brother! My Niece and Son are playing now!!! They need a challenge!!! :aok
Don’t even own a stick anymore. Miss y’all

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2020, 10:00:46 AM »
Bizman shared this which helped me - I had a sound driver conflict:

"I noticed that you have three active sound devices. The Nvidia HDMI sound is known to cause issues so unless you're really using your monitor speakers disabling that in the Device Manager and uninstalling the driver might help some.

Another useful trick is to press the Shift button while shutting the computer down.  It forces the computer to start from scratch at the next start. That will reset any misaligned settings caused by e.g. the sleep function."

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2020, 12:28:38 PM »
In addition to the Nvidia device look for any other extraneous audio devices in the device manager and disable them. For example, every time my RiftS updates it installs a virtual audio device that I assume from what I've read is something really for the Quest. The FB genii decided last year to unify all their software so that's why I get it whether I have a Quest or not. Disabling that immediately following an update has become SOP along with going into my OBS audio settings and rearranging my audio sources as that update always scrambles them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group