Author Topic: Occulus to Require Facebook Login  (Read 965 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Occulus to Require Facebook Login
« on: August 21, 2020, 09:57:22 PM »

https://www.businessinsider.com/oculus-vr-users-log-into-facebook-2020-8

:rolleyes:

I had to check to make sure I hadn't accidentally browsed to the Onion.  And I checked the calendar so I know it's not April 1.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Occulus to Require Facebook Login
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 11:32:40 PM »
I will send this to my antitrust people.

I have seen people lose their lives to Facebook.  I do not plan to emulate them.

- oldman

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 08:39:00 AM »
 Welll what a bunch of crap!   Guess I'll be buying something else at some point because I don't use Facebook and have no intentions of starting now.  I used to have a FB account years ago but found it was a shallow cesspool of humanity.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Online Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 08:43:15 AM »
They kinda started that around the first of the year when they consolidated the software. Prior to that an Oculus account was all you needed. I have a FB account but I'm not active. Rarely check it unless my girls tell me to check something they posted. Now they want to track everything you do with their headsets and sell that info. Put ads in the headset? Yeah I need that in the middle of a fight! Reading on the forums there some have just formed a dummy account but that doesn't always work. Don't know why it wouldn't. Mine is as close to that as you could get! Being an actual dummy and all! The good news for me is I won't get forced to use FB to use the headset until what was it? 2023?

Surely by then I'll have another headset. Zero chance it'll be one of theirs.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline WpnX

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 05:50:51 PM »
I'll be giving my Rift-S away and getting an HP Reverb G2. Oculus execs are retards.
Elvis
The Flying Circus

Offline finnster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 11:45:44 PM »
This was one more reason I gave my Rift away and bought a Pimax 8kx. Much Much better headset, and no facebook crap.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 06:17:39 AM »
The 'Great Rift give-away?' What's the money loss aspect of that?  :confused:

Offline finnster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 11:19:33 AM »
Mine is an original Rift. worth maybe... $150? Maybe less. It's pretty outdated.
I'm giving it to my nephew. He uses FB for business anyway.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2020, 03:38:23 PM »
I have a facebook account, no friends/contacts/nothing connected. I don't see what the big deal is tbh.

Offline Interceptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 06:29:04 AM »
~ Well it is kinda like win10 decided you can no more use google as a search engine, but only microsoft navigator.

Forcing people to join facebook if they wanna use their new VR-Headset is a sneaky move, and, by the way, just remember the
fabulous cherry on the cake we, OQ-2 buyers had to swallow : wifi is now MANDATORY if u wanna use their VR.

I never use wifi, for several personal and valid reasons (security, etc...), and, even after buying THEIR 90 bucks cable OQ-2 / PC, wifi is still mandatory.

Some greedy dudes at microsoft need to be sent a dozen of face-slaps to make their greed straight and back into reality.

I have a facebook account, no friends/contacts/nothing connected. I don't see what the big deal is tbh.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 08:14:46 AM »
In the words of Pink Floyd..

"Welcome to The Machine"

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals